Engine light and auto start fail

Yes the remote start, sorry. I can start my day or trip with no issues, no engine light. Then for no obvious reason the light comes on both while driving and at start up. It doesn't go off with bumps or jiggling wires, or restarting the pickup. If the engine light is on when i turn off the truck,  the remote start will not work. That seems to be the only problem. Eventually the light goes out by itself, usually before I get to autozone... It runs and drives fine with or without the light.

Edited by david arredondo
Spelling

5 minutes ago, david arredondo said:

Yes the remote start, sorry. I can start my day or trip with no issues, no engine light. Then for no obvious reason the light comes on both while driving and at start up. It doesn't go off with bumps or jiggling wires, or restarting the pickup. If the engine light is on when i turn off the truck,  the remote start will not work. That seems to be the only problem. Eventually the light goes out by itself, usually before I get to autozone... It runs and drives fine with or without the light.

Codes may still be stored in the truck's various computers that can lead to finding what is causing it.  

It's doing what it's supposed to do.  Remote start does not work it the e check engine light is on.  You need to get the code history read to see what's been causing the light to come on and then fix it.