On 10/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, J2Jones said:

I purchased the same kit from ShopChevyParts.com and took my truck to the dealer for the include reflash, showed them the paperwork and had no issues.  Walked out for free with a receipt showing the reflash had been done and a charge of zero.  Just like the the paperwork that comes with the item says it should be.  I think it's pretty clear and most dealers are just being jerks.  I will say I bought my truck from a different dealer because the sales folks were totally unreasonable.  The service folks have been fantastic despite the fact the truck was purchased elsewhere.

You got lucky,  99 percent of the dealers will charge for a flash unless the labor was paid for them to install it. 

3 hours ago, Mudcon said:

You got lucky,  99 percent of the dealers will charge for a flash unless the labor was paid for them to install it. 

Thing is, when they put that code in GM pays them.  That is the whole point in the code that comes with the CAI.  If they tell you otherwise, then time to find another dealership.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Thing is, when they put that code in GM pays them.  That is the whole point in the code that comes with the CAI.  If they tell you otherwise, then time to find another dealership.

That is wrong, GM only pays us as a dealer if we put the CAI system on that was ordered on a new car job card. Or if it was ordered from the factory with the kit. The labor op you are referring to is labeled as "Air Cleaner Kit Installation and Engine Control Module Reprogramming with SPS" with 1.0 hr of labor.  The labor op is not for just programming if you put it on yourself. 

51 minutes ago, Mudcon said:

That is wrong, GM only pays us as a dealer if we put the CAI system on that was ordered on a new car job card. Or if it was ordered from the factory with the kit. The labor op you are referring to is labeled as "Air Cleaner Kit Installation and Engine Control Module Reprogramming with SPS" with 1.0 hr of labor.  The labor op is not for just programming if you put it on yourself. 

Interesting, that means the dealer that programmed mine did not get paid. 

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Interesting, that means the dealer that programmed mine did not get paid. 

That is correct.  You will find some dealers that will do it at a courtesy but most will not.   They may give it to people at the window not to argue with a customer also but the tech will want to get paid one way or another.  We just had 2 new trucks come in for Road Atlanta and had to install exhaust and CAI on both.  The labor ops included in the packages are what we use to get paid through GM being they do not install the add on accessories at the factory even though you can order the truck with them.   Never has made sense to me with which GM pays us to install stuff that a truck was ordered with and just toss the old parts we take off.

Edited by Mudcon