01 Radio Volume issue am/fm

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Will McPhail said:

How did you resolve this. I have the same issue with my work truck. Works great on am but very low on am

On 11/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, Fredendall said:

Problem resolved through outside electronics repair facility in Van Nuys CA.  Hi-Tech Electronics.  Found internal PC Board failure, replaced board with new, restored all functions to normal.  

I'd say that he took it to Hi-Tech Electronics in Van Nuys, CA.  There, they found an internal PC board failure and replaced the board with a new one.🤷‍♂️

• 1 year later...

Does it really matter?  The radio is from a truck at is more than 20 years old, it would be cheaper to just swap in another oem or even third party radio vs paying someone to take the radio apart, figure out what and where the problem is, fix/replace that part, then reassemble and reinstall.

• 3 months later...

I fixed all the issues with the factory radio by removing it and installing a new double-din head unit.  It has Android Auto and a reverse camera.  It sounds better, displays my GPS, and is really handy when hooking up to a trailer (9' flatbed and I can put the ball right under the hitch using the camera).  With the wiring harness, dash install kit, and new head unit, I spent $140...