2016 Silverado, Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.0

Phone connects to truck via bluetooth every time with no issues.

When receiving a call, it will always ring thru the truck and display on the cluster & myLink screen but SOMETIMES after answering the call volume will be out of the phone speaker only. During this time, the call will still show active on both displays and the radio volume will be silent.

Look at the phone, it shows connected to bluetooth and no matter what I do on the truck or phone I cannot get the volume back to the truck.

The hangup button on the steering wheel will still end the call.

Once the call is ended, the radio volume comes back.

Same issue when making a call, again, the issue is intermittent.

Doesn't matter if I make the call from the phone or using the voice commands, audio has reverted back to the phone on occasion both ways of making a call.

I always answer/end calls with the buttons on the steering wheel, the phone always connects to the truck, and the call audio problem is intermittent with no obvious cause.

Anyone experience this and have a fix?

@ SilveradoSaver: I have not as it's such a random occurrence. Might happen 3 times a day and might not happen for 3 days.

@Justin: Thanks. I'll try that this afternoon. Just to clarify, simply disconnecting the neg cable for 10 min will perform the radio settings or is that another step?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a similar problem since I bought my truck, I actually just saw this post but posted something similar

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200644-io4-2014-silverado-mylink-not-working/

Let me know if the battery reset works, that would be fantastic.

Sometimes mine will actually also play the radio through my phone during a phone call on Bluetooth... sounds like all of my friends are at a concert.

MyLink is really no great achievement by GM and I'm a pretty solid GM person.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this will help, but I found out the Mylink software has limits on the number of contacts and Info it can hold and track. It may be the same for music and other things that sync with your phone. I had to reduce my contacts to below 3,700 and my voice dialing on my truck started to work. So If you connect alot of contacts, music, or text, delete some or move some and see what happens.

Archived