Range sells a disabler, compatible with everything but 6.2/10 speed trucks.

Otherwise the free way is to manually pre-select one gear before top gear. So in a 6 speed truck, you’d click up to L5, 8 speed use L7, and in a 10 speed, run in L9 and the AFM / DFM won’t run.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Otherwise the free way is to manually pre-select one gear before top gear. So in a 6 speed truck, you’d click up to L5, 8 speed use L7, and in a 10 speed, run in L9 and the AFM / DFM won’t run.

Yup that’s what us 10sp 6.2 guys have to do for now, so dumb. Hopefully range gets the product out before the new year. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:47 PM, OnTheReel said:

I recently discovered what you wrote on my own. After I installed a Flowmaster kit I could really tell when the DFM was doing what it does. Coming to a stop it sounded like the motor completely shut off then fired back up when it shifted into 1st gear. I tried what you posted and it wasn't doing it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 10:47 PM, OnTheReel said:

Quick question do you do this on startup or just at any point leave it in L9 or just put it in L9 then back into drive?