ICON wheels 17x8.5

Dani2005

Ok so I have been researching and grinding the numbers and hopefully someone can confirm my thoughts.

I want to run 17x8.5 wheels. I compared these wheels to the stock wheels with offset, backspacing and such.

Stock 18" wheel numbers:

18x8.5

5.77 backspacing

+26mm offset

ICON 17" wheel numbers:

17x8.5

5.75 backspacing

+25mm offset

I want to add 35s but more than likely go 11.5 wide instead of the 12.5, unless I can go 12.5 without too much trimming. I am hoping that because of the almost identical wheel selection, I can get some more rubber under the truck.

Is my understanding of offset and backspacing correct? What brand of tire would last longest but still look aggressive? I wouldn't mind some poke as I have some new fender flares to put on, but don't want to have to trim the new flares because of the 35s.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 450724f9ead7fa9efd5af5f8f96f370c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Here are some things you should be aware of.
- even going with a similar offset to stock you still might have issues clearing the brake calipers on these new trucks. The wheels look like they will clear but try and see If you can find someone else that has verified if they will work.
- stock offset will not give you much room between the tire and UCA when you add wider tires. Going with a 11.5" width tire should help and i believe others on this site are making it work.
- 35s are going to be tight no matter what. Stick with a size similar to the 295/70r18, this should keep you from rubbing without having to do major trimming. You will probably need to trim the inner fender liner and mudflap bracket to run a similar size.

Tires are subjective and most brands are good. Find something you like and is priced where you want them to be and get those.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk