I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and have the muffler deleted on my 6.2 RST. I left both flappers in and left all the resonators uncovered. Wow, this was the right decision. It sounds great on startup and acceleration but it's quiet on the highway. There is absolutely, positively no drone at any speed until around 80mph and even then, it's minimal. I may play around with the resonators soon and see what that's like but in the meantime, it sounds really really good. It finally sounds like these trucks should! 

Cold Start:

Warm Start:

Edited by BluegrassMotorsport
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spyderwebb said:

Sounds great!

Did you go with one of the available muffler delete pipes, or just have an exhaust shop do it?

Thanks! I had a muffler shop fabricate it. There is only a slight bend so you can save your money on the delete pipes. 

• Thanks 1

Very Nice, I wanted to do this but the muffler shop wanted too much.  I forget the exact number for muffler delete I think it was $200, I know for muffler and resonator delete they wanted $300.  Needless to say I went to another shop, but decided I would just throw in a muffler while I was at it.  This is the Borla CrateMuffler ATAK, the shop I went to ran out of gas for the welder, so the muffler is halfway welded on and my resonators are still there.  I'm almost thinking of keeping the resonators now but I can't decide lol.