Which AT Tires & how are they holding up

12 hours ago, 3.0 said:

Looking for a good AT tire that is equally at home on pavement and dirt,So far seem to be leaning towards Falken Wildpeaks, Cooper AT3 xlt or the General grabber Atx.Whats your choice and experience.Thanks

Probably would be better posted in the general discussion area but nonetheless,  I have the Falkens and am very happy with them. 

15 hours ago, 3.0 said:

Looking for a good AT tire that is equally at home on pavement and dirt,So far seem to be leaning towards Falken Wildpeaks, Cooper AT3 xlt or the General grabber Atx.Whats your choice and experience.Thanks

The top rated AT tire is the Ridge Grappler, although its classified as a hydrid tire its very much an AT.

my buddy has them on his F250 and has over 70k and they are holding up great. He said its the best tire hes ever had , hes had K02s , cooper ATs , duratracs, stt. 

Well, I have had Cooper and BF Goodrich, and like them both very much.  I just purchased a set of Continental AT’s, and so far am extremely impressed.  They don’t look very aggressive on a website, but in person they look better.  Great traction in dry off road conditions, but I have not had the chance to try them in wet conditions. Very quiet on highway.  Load range E, so plenty stout. 

43 minutes ago, 3.0 said:

That' is part of the issue because what works well on a 250 may not work that well on a 1500 because the rubber and ply rating are just to stiff for a lighter truck. If anyone knows how to throw it over to general discussion go for it.

Yeah im just trying to help out , the top rated “AT” tire I can find for any truck is the nitto ridge grappler, ive looked pretty extensively. 

now some people are buying on price.

if thats the case im sure there are cheaper tires on the market as there will always be .

But I can only go off the info Ive found, everything ive found shows the Nittos as the number one choice. My buddy confirmed the quality in comparison to several other top choice AT tires.

I bet there are 5-10 other tires that are going to satisfy most consumers. Look it up and see what you find though, im 100% certain you will find Nitto Ridges rated #1.

The difference between the top rated and the 2 or 3 below the top rated are MINIMAL.  Get a brand you have confidence in, and has the attributes you are looking for: quiet, extended mileage, no cupping, warranty, traction type, etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So after a month of research  and the internal fight of to go big or not I've come to the conclusion to go with the nitto 275 60 20  33" circumference it comes with 100k warranty,tips the scales  at a measly  41 lbs. and has a mid aggressive all weather  snowflake tread pattern.Main reason is, it give the truck a more aggressive look without affecting fuel mileage which is the primary reason for going to a diesel in the first place unlike the affects of putting on a 10 ply 34-35 " tire that comes in at 60 to 70 lbs  per tire.From what I've seen so far this could mean 5mpg or more and over the life of the truck that's a lot of extra fuel....problem solved (for me)

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 11:17 PM, 3.0 said:

I am running the wrangler trailrunner AT on my truck. They are great! Consumer reports rated it 2nd in ATtruck tires. 

They are snow rated. They are very very quiet. 

And aren't very expensive. My only concern is the tire life being only 55k.

The others are all good tires depending on size as the weight maybe a factor in fuel mileage.The ones I like best so far are the nitto grappler  275 60 r20 with 34 inch circumference and a 47lb weight and 100,000 km warranty with the snowflake don't think you can go wrong unless the goodyears are 1/2 the price.