10 speed slow second gear

gates59

4 hours ago, gates59 said:

I have a 2020 gmc sierra sle 5.3 and the ten speed and I find second gear a little slow to engage compared to all other gears. Anyone else find that. It seems fine though if I hit the throttle a little harder than normal. I don't have a heavy foot lol

I have the 3.0L Duramax and the ten speed.  Same thing happens to me 99% of the time.  All other gear changes are of the smoothest and fastest engagement though.  

Not sure why the 1st -> 2nd change (accelerating) is like that.

If you mean it stay in first longer than seems normal, I agree. But it only seems to do it (for me anyway) when I’m accelerating down an incline. Otherwise, it’s buttery smooth. I’m on my second 6.2/10 speed T1 and they both acted the same. 

Edited by cltsig

6 hours ago, btj_z71 said:

I have the 3.0L Duramax and the ten speed.  Same thing happens to me 99% of the time.  All other gear changes are of the smoothest and fastest engagement though.  

Not sure why the 1st -> 2nd change (accelerating) is like that.

same boat as you with the duramax and harsh 1-2 change

23 hours ago, cltsig said:

If you mean it stay in first longer than seems normal, I agree. But it only seems to do it (for me anyway) when I’m accelerating down an incline. Otherwise, it’s buttery smooth. I’m on my second 6.2/10 speed T1 and they both acted the same. 

Not that it stays in first longer, but the first to second change is often much, much more noticeable than any other change.  In some cases, it is harsh.

Now, I've only got 700 miles on mine as I recently bought it new so maybe that has something to do with it.  

Maybe something to do with the trans fluid not being warmed up.  Not sure, I'm going to pay more attention and have the dealer share their thoughts on it.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:29 PM, btj_z71 said:

Not that it stays in first longer, but the first to second change is often much, much more noticeable than any other change.  In some cases, it is harsh.

Now, I've only got 700 miles on mine as I recently bought it new so maybe that has something to do with it.  

Maybe something to do with the trans fluid not being warmed up.  Not sure, I'm going to pay more attention and have the dealer share their thoughts on it.

ive got about 20k on mine and its still noticeable. I noticed it day one but also thought it would work its way away. Will have the dealer look into it when I take it for an oil change.

I get it too. 2020 trail boss 5 3 10 speed. 1-2 seems to hesitate or almost slip a little before engagement to 2nd. Mostly noticeable under very light acceleration worse when going up hill. Nothing I'm going to worry about. It's still light years ahead of the 8 speed clunker I had on my last truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

On 10/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

I get it too. 2020 trail boss 5 3 10 speed. 1-2 seems to hesitate or almost slip a little before engagement to 2nd. Mostly noticeable under very light acceleration worse when going up hill. Nothing I'm going to worry about. It's still light years ahead of the 8 speed clunker I had on my last truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Not terribly worried. Just sucks because every other gear change is smooth as silk

Edited by Chrisd534