ARB Twin compressor installed

Mine is not as fancy as some others because I will only be using it for on board air.  I pulled the compressor from a Jeep build I recently sold.  I modified a M.O.R.E. bracket from the Jeep to make it work in the truck.  Its secured by the jack handle bracket and two tabs into the storage box.  Wiring is run behind the seat and inside door edge trim.  The grommet into the firewall in the passenger footwell actually has an extra "port" in it that just needs to be opened.  It works just like it should and the install turned out nice and clean.

-Eli 

arb1.jpg

arb2.jpg

arb3.jpg

arb4.jpg

arb5.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, Tjeli said:

More

arb6.jpg

arb7.jpg

arb8.jpg

Nice setup was looking to do the same in my 2020 AT4, did you run into any issues with the compressor overheating?  Seems like these things run hot, so was just curious if you were getting enough airflow back there.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, ekbruster said:

Nice setup was looking to do the same in my 2020 AT4, did you run into any issues with the compressor overheating?  Seems like these things run hot, so was just curious if you were getting enough airflow back there.

No issues with heat or airflow at all. 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Hello all

I have installed my Twin ARB compressor with manifold in my 2021 Silverado LT 5.3L under the hood, into the free space in the left front fender. It fits tight but it's possible removing the inner fender carpet liner and then installing it from the bottom. I have made a custom mount for it.

Regards

Mariano

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mariano Lozano said:

Hello all

I have installed my Twin ARB compressor with manifold in my 2021 Silverado LT 5.3L under the hood, into the free space in the left front fender. It fits tight but it's possible removing the inner fender carpet liner and then installing it from the bottom. I have made a custom mount for it.

Regards

Mariano

3.jpeg

Very nice install!  I've read where they don't do well over long periods of time within the engine compartment due to prolonged heat exposure, so I've yet to permanently mount one in that location.  However, I'm very interested to see how yours holds up in the long term to see if there is any truth to that or if its mostly garage talk.  How long have you had it mounted in the engine compartment, any cycling issues at all?

8 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Very nice install!  I've read where they don't do well over long periods of time within the engine compartment due to prolonged heat exposure, so I've yet to permanently mount one in that location.  However, I'm very interested to see how yours holds up in the long term to see if there is any truth to that or if its mostly garage talk.  How long have you had it mounted in the engine compartment, any cycling issues at all?

I have the compressor since 2013 mounted on a Jeep Rubicon (below passenger seat). Sold the jeep and now i have installed it on my New silverado this weekend.

I have not tested for Long periods, but normally ARB compressors are installed on engine bay for air lockers Lockers, so i dont think will be an issue as Long i use it with the hood open.

Regards

Mariano

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, Mariano Lozano said:

Hello all

Regards

Mariano

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Hi,

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures or examples of the mount you made for the compressor would you? Looking to do the same mount with my twin compressor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, Mariano Lozano said:

Hello all

Regards

Mariano

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

That is a nice install!