Build to Delivery

I have a build date of October 12 for my 2021 3500 HD. Does anyone have any insight as to the normal time from build to delivery (to my Pennsylvania dealer)? Just trying to anticipate whether I’ll get in under the October incentives or be waiting to see where they go in November?

For my 2020,  build date was week of August 10th and it arrived at the United Road Services (Twin Oaks yard)  just below Phila last week of August. My dealer went down and fetched it since it wasn't that far and I had it for Friday August the 28th. Really enjoying it so far.

Edited by Brett Koder
correction

From build to delivery takes about 2-4 weeks depending on logistics.  I read someone said their dealer went to the rail yard and got the vehicle but I highly doubt that happened.  That would be breaking a contract with the shippers but cutting out the trucking company and teamsters union contract with GM.  

My build a 3500 crew ltz duramax was given a build week of the 28th of September and was built on the 30th first day of 21 production then was pulled for quality control hopefully this process doesn't take to long and they ship out quickly to the NY drop yard bound to Ct. just waiting for it to arrive at this point. Does anybody know how long quality control takes? 

Hey,

kind of off topic but what made you guys decide to build your truck opposed to choosing one off the lot?  Didn’t have what you wanted and this way you get exactly what you want?  When you build a truck, you are paying full price unless there are some incentives? A truck n the lot you should be able to negotiate some. 

Thanks for for the replies. Always wondered. 

There’s simply no inventory on lots right now. Buying off the lot wasn’t an option since there was nothing close to what I wanted nearby and dealers aren’t willing do dealer trades if they have any inventory. I’ve dealt with the same family dealership for years and haven’t found any difference in pricing between order and purchase from inventory.

Dealers do have rolling incentives they can place on vehicles of their choice if they have a vehicle that’s been sitting for a while; but, can also use it as an incentive for repeat buyers.

ya pretty much like trailboss1 said and you get exactly what you want. the dealership I'm dealing with is good to me also. just need the truck to get here now. hopefully wont be long now. was pulled for quality control hopefully that doesn't take long. does anybody know how long quality control takes? on a truck before they ship it out.