19-20 1500 5.3-6.2 Tuning

6 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

From what  I can tell the Corvette and such are getting tuned at a lower cost but the truck line still is a major pain.  Is this correct?

Not sure what is up with GM and their marketing department.  Case in point, my 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel.  I get all kinds of looks when I fill up at the diesel pump and questions in general when I park.  "I didn't know Chevy made a Cruze diesel". 

Well GM, if you would have marketed it and let the public know about this little amazing car then more would have purchased it.  But I'm sure there are reasons the bean counters came up with as to why they never did.  I can't believe the Sonic is still available.

My wife and daughter went to Florida for a wedding.  I topped the tank for them and they made it all the way down to just past Cape Canaveral before they filled up.  They sent me the gallons and miles and it worked out to 49.5 mpg.  Love this little thing.  I've gotten 800 miles to a tank at one point.  That is a long time in the saddle and my eyeballs were floating.  lol  I just did a timing belt change.  Message came on at 100k it needed replaced.  I was worried about it but now that I have done it. Piece of cake next time around.  Saved myself $800 the dealer wanted to change it.

It is false.  C8s are just a expensive and complicated as the trucks. 

14 hours ago, Transient said:

I use to get a hard on for that car when I was younger.  Now that I'm a little older I like the 2003 Camaro SS more.  Same car.  Just different look. 

Anybody hear the 2023 Camaro is getting the Blackwing?  I read an article last night that speculated such. 

You mean the 2002 model! Lol. Typo I’m guessing. Ya it’s ok the aggressive front end and hood scoop on the 2002 SS Z28 model was nice also, but the TA has a place in my heart.  It’s was interesting how/why GM did that back then. An “SS” along with a Z28. 

Yes, from everything I’ve read it’s getting a horsepower bump but it’s not much in my opinion and it’s not the true “Blackwing” motor that was developed and shelved 3 years ago. It’s just a retuned 6.2L from the ZL1 with 668 HP and 659TQ instead of 650/650. 

It needs the LT5 ZR1 motor from the 2019 Corvette 755HP/715TQ to really destroy the GT500 and red eye hellcat. Right now it does fine 0-60 and quarter but those high HP cars kill it in a dig. And the Alpha platform out handles both cars, just wish GM wouldn’t have made it so claustrophobic inside the cabin. 

6 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

What about the C7's and Camaro's ?    Same?

I don't know.  Haven't looked into it.  I'm too big for a C7, and have too many kids to own a Camaro. 

Edited by Transient