Will Borla XR1 with headers no cats drone

2 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I had no problems with the and they fit good.  Yes I am 4x4 

I had cheap OBX headers on my 2008 denali and liked them.  The speed engineering are much better than those.

Oh that's great to hear. To you have it all clamped together, or did you go ahead and weld it up? I'm thinking I'm not going to love the slip connection and clamps. Might have it welded and add v band or ball/socket joints where needed.

• Like 1

Yea I had it welded up but I did the same with the OBX Y pipe too.

But I had the muffler shop do a three bolt flang for me and I used some Rimflex crushable gaskets.  If you haven't heard of them they are great.  They crush to ensure a good seal.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:31 AM, JONBLARC7 said:

Yea I had it welded up but I did the same with the OBX Y pipe too.

But I had the muffler shop do a three bolt flang for me and I used some Rimflex crushable gaskets.  If you haven't heard of them they are great.  They crush to ensure a good seal.

Did you get the xr1 installed. I had the xr1 15 inch with headers no  cats on the factory 3.5 pipe split to duals. It was a drone monster. Now i have 3 inch duals with large magnaflow dual in dual out. Doesnt drone as bad but is more raspy at wot. Thinking about going dual xr1. Can hear cam fine with magnaflow though

• Like 1

No not yet I had an older brother pass away from cancer last week.  So the last few months have been crazy.  Hoping to drop it off in a week or two to get it welded in place.  If it drones I'll try it with the stock rear resenator clampped on temporarily to see how it sounds with it.  I'm hoping no drone with it dumpped.  But it doesn't sound like thats going to happen.  

7 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

No not yet I had an older brother pass away from cancer last week.  So the last few months have been crazy.  Hoping to drop it off in a week or two to get it welded in place.  If it drones I'll try it with the stock rear resenator clampped on temporarily to see how it sounds with it.  I'm hoping no drone with it dumpped.  But it doesn't sound like thats going to happen.  

Mine was loud so I had put a qtp twintronic screamer muffler with electric cutout in line with it and just opened cutout to straight borla. it blew the twintronic apart with the boost on the dyno. that's when i went dual. Qtp replaced under warranty if you want a muffler. 3.5 in/out. you could slap any cutout on it. cheap