2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Radiator Coolant Flush

I need to change the coolant in my 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6 liter truck. Do I need to remove the two drain plugs (one one each side of the block) since they are hard to access? Driver's side is not too hard but passenger side is behind starter motor I think. Do I need to remove the thermostat and put housing back on before flushing? Then when flushing is complete put the thermostat back on? Sounds like a lot of trouble just to flush radiator and block thoroughly. 

Edited by damorton

On my 2002 Silverado I just drained the radiator  and pulled the lower hose off.  Let it all drain out and then connected the hose, filled it back up with water and left the top hose off.  Started it and let it run and as the thermostat opened it would push out the top hose and put the water hose in the radiator to keep a supply of water going.  As the water cleared up I stopped, drained it all and then went back with fresh coolant.