2021 Diesel break in

There was very little chance for break in with my work trucks after purchase. They usually got loaded up with equipment and headed to work. Later my half tons got exhaust, toolbox and hit the highway. Probably about 25 trucks personally. During the test drive before purchasing the got driven like they were stolen. They would be popping and stinking from the thrashing I gave them. When I bought my trailblazer ss the salesman was shaking by the time I got him back to the dealership. My brother had me test drive with him a mid 80s model Toyota mid sized truck. I started in 4WD low. Tried to shift to 4WD high foot on the floor. Wouldn’t do it. Someone told me you could, he lied. Never tried that again. He put 245K miles on it pulling a trailer. I miss those days. Last time was my 14 GMC. Being I bought so many from that dealer they just give me the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

The odds of anyone buying a truck today that intends to keep it until it dies of old age is very slim. People are getting vehicles more frequently, one of which is new technology.

Hi there! I'm Mr. Slim chance. Glad to make your acquaintance. AKA Mr. Nobody ______________.  

I made the reasonable assumption that the OP might just be a nobody like me.

People ask questions. Sometimes I answer them.

He seems sincere

People don't generally trouble themselves with this sort of detail unless?????????????

I know there suppose to be a point in the bold but it isn't really a sentence so......????....

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Hi there! I'm Mr. Slim chance. Glad to make your acquaintance. AKA Mr. Nobody ______________.  

I made the reasonable assumption that the OP might just be a nobody like me.

People ask questions. Sometimes I answer them.

He seems sincere

People don't generally trouble themselves with this sort of detail unless?????????????

I know there suppose to be a point in the bold but it isn't really a sentence so......????....

Good catch! Not sure how the other part didn’t get in there. Must’ve deleted it unknowingly. It’s corrected now.

Why the hell so defensive? My response wasn’t towards you, or anyone else in particular for that matter. I stated a fact about current vehicle purchases and the lack of long-time ownership, while also stating the most important reason why they upgrade so much more often these days.

• Like 1

I bought not only for the diesel and the pulling power the 2500hd has, but the latest technology.  I love the AT4 appearance.  But I am planning on making this truck last a very long time, hopefully my last one. 

Thanks everyone for their input.  The dealer called and I may have a production date soon.

Paul

I know this isn't science or anything but all the new vehicles I have purchased over the years I drove off the lot just like I drove the one I traded in.  Nothing changed.  Now I must be lucky because I never had any issues with them.  No oil consumption or other mechanical issues.  I put on them around 100k except for my 2002 Silverado, it had over 200k on it.  Just food for thought and along those lines, the average individual that purchases a car does the exact same thing.  Only those of us on this forum do something different.  

28 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I know this isn't science or anything but all the new vehicles I have purchased over the years I drove off the lot just like I drove the one I traded in.  Nothing changed.  Now I must be lucky because I never had any issues with them.  No oil consumption or other mechanical issues.  I put on them around 100k except for my 2002 Silverado, it had over 200k on it.  Just food for thought and along those lines, the average individual that purchases a car does the exact same thing.  Only those of us on this forum do something different.  

This pretty much sums it up! Drive it however you feel comfortable. The odds of spirited driving early-on hurting something or driving ultra-conservative during break-in helping longevity are rare.

36 minutes ago, Bayou Cajun said:

I bought not only for the diesel and the pulling power the 2500hd has, but the latest technology.  I love the AT4 appearance.  But I am planning on making this truck last a very long time, hopefully my last one. 

Thanks everyone for their input.  The dealer called and I may have a production date soon.

Paul

You might have a nice early Christmas present!

15 hours ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Good catch! Not sure how the other part didn’t get in there. Must’ve deleted it unknowingly. It’s corrected now.

Why the hell so defensive? My response wasn’t towards you, or anyone else in particular for that matter. I stated a fact about current vehicle purchases and the lack of long-time ownership, while also stating the most important reason why they upgrade so much more often these days.

Well I'm an odd bird. I take care of a thing for myself, true. But I like a clear conscience. I don't dump junk on unsuspecting individuals. Not knowingly anyway. I have real dislike for 'screw the next guy" types. 

When people say I trade every 100K so why does it matter????

Oh, It matters.

Question is; do you care?

For every person that can swing a new truck/car every 3 to 5 years there are hundreds of people that can not. My cast off is some single mothers way to work. Some young couples first car as they establish themselves. Some elderly persons 'freedom'. I gave my last Honda to an gal at church whose kid took all she had from her. There's a hundred more ways that it 'matters'. 

Just say' n... 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
spelling
  • Like 2