Cerakote application tips?

trying to keep my 2018 silverado look nice and notice some of the plastics are starting to fade. Looks brand new when i use 303 or back to black but washes off after a few rain storms. Lookign for more permanent solution and cerakote is highly rated but its a ceramic coating thats permanent. Dont wanna fudge it up.

Plan to apply to all exterior textured plastics. They all have had either 303, back to black, or tire shine sling off on them. I have washed with dawn and a soft scrub brush once - plan to go over it again tommorow just to be sure but is there anything else i should try? Some kinda degreaser and scrub brush? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lonestardiver said:

One of the key aspects of a good cerakote application is surface prep. I know for metal surfaces they are cleaned, degreased and then bead blasted. The item is then baked. I am not sure how it works on plastics....

I was thinking the same thing you are, but found that there's a Cerakote product for plastics.

https://cerakoteceramics.com/products/cerakote-trim-coat-kit

• 2 months later...

This lasted months on my wife's mazda. Very cheap too if you can find a lock detail supply that carries it. Bought at thia local store but they ship too. It's a ceramic with dye and easy to use. Only thing you need to do IMO is an occasional  spray and wipe with something as a topper, like a ceramic detail spray for it to last a lot longer. For prep just scrub it down it a all purpose clear, (super clean is cheap), then wash, then IPA. I say wash after because super clean really holds on if not diluted well.

Lasted several months unkept on an in laws car that is always outside and washes in a harsh auto wash with physical brushes

https://www.shopatpcs.com/?page_id=2566#!/TEC70-Black-Fusion-2-oz/p/92330080/category=25040187

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Thanks 1