Help changing fuel filter on2005 Chevy Suburban

Ron Stephenson

Question

5 answers to this question

Instead of firing the parts cannon at the truck and emptying your wallet in the process, you need to find out what you're missing. Engines need fuel, timed spark, compression, and air (a 5th element is the ability to move said air in AND out - a severely melted catalytic converter can cause a no-start, too). One or more of these could be missing. These days the most common are fuel or spark.

If you can get the truck to run on something flammable sprayed into the throttle body - brake cleaner, carburetor cleaner, acetone, ect. - then you've eliminated everything except for fuel. If you live by the motto, "Test! DON'T GUESS!", you will be much wealthier, and be back on the road sooner. If it doesn't run on something flammable, then you need to physically check for spark, injector pulse, fuel pressure, and compression if all else checks out.

Edited by Jsdirt

txab stole my thunder. Was just going to say, RockAuto lists a carburetor for my '86 Grand Marquis. 1986 was the SECOND model year of fuel injection in that car. Was the first year for sequential multiport. In other words, there ain't no carburetor on mine, lol.

• Like 2