Buyback experience/ info

Dersch

If you have had a buyback done on your truck can you post your experience? 

Did you reach out to GM while your truck was in the shop or did they reach out to you?

Did you get all your money back?

How long did the process take?

Would you have rather done a lemon law lawyer?

Thinking i might have to/ want to go this route with my 2020 trailboss 

I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 that I bought in March of this year. Had the front axle jingle since 460~ miles on the truck and it has been into service 4 times trying to fix the issue. Dealer service confirmed the issue can’t be fixed at this time and to call GM.

I filled a BBB Autoline case and called GM back in April to start this horrific process. July they offered to replace the truck but no dealer in my state had inventory or wanted to take part in the “buy back process”. I’m still trying to figure out a solution with GM... Total 7 months

7 minutes ago, Otherguy said:

I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 that I bought in March of this year. Had the front axle jingle since 460~ miles on the truck and it has been into service 4 times trying to fix the issue. Dealer service confirmed the issue can’t be fixed at this time and to call GM.

I filled a BBB Autoline case and called GM back in April to start this horrific process. July they offered to replace the truck but no dealer in my state had inventory or wanted to take part in the “buy back process”. I’m still trying to figure out a solution with GM... Total 7 months

Have you talked to an actual lemon law lawyer? 

I called one today on my way home today and it was very informative. Gave me some free legal advice on what my next steps are. I definitely would reach out. Im sorry you still dont have a solution though. Yhats awful 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 12:07 PM, Dersch said:

Have you talked to an actual lemon law lawyer? 

I called one today on my way home today and it was very informative. Gave me some free legal advice on what my next steps are. I definitely would reach out. Im sorry you still dont have a solution though. Yhats awful 

Have you decided what to do yet? I’m in a similar situation. 2020 Sierra Denali, $65k+ a couple months ago, less than 1k miles, electrical problems and now engine is destroyed, needs to be replaced. A month in the shop. They are suggesting an extended warranty but that doesn’t seem like enough for the loss of value and reliability concerns. BBB hotline seems like a disaster. Not sure if working with GM directly smarter or just get a lemon law attorney and let them handle it.

5 minutes ago, GMCnoob said:

Have you decided what to do yet? I’m in a similar situation. 2020 Sierra Denali, $65k+ a couple months ago, less than 1k miles, electrical problems and now engine is destroyed, needs to be replaced. A month in the shop. They are suggesting an extended warranty but that doesn’t seem like enough for the loss of value and reliability concerns. BBB hotline seems like a disaster. Not sure if working with GM directly smarter or just get a lemon law attorney and let them handle it.

1000% work with a lemon law over the dealer. Guaranteed you have a case. 

Ive reached the lemon law point myself now. Im in contact with one lemon law lawyer who has helped me through the process. Im ready to start the official process but he hasnt emailed me back in 2 days so im calling him monday or going with a different lawyer. 

But for something like your situation absolutely go with a lawyer. Be prepared that you are looking at a 6+ month process and hopefully you are in a free loaner from dealer currently. 

GM may offer you a buyback or trade allowance but itll never be as good as what a true lawyer gets you (which is free to you btw). Also FYI if a dealership offers you a buyback that is not the same as a manufacturer offering it. Its essentially a glorified trade allowance

11 hours ago, Dersch said:

1000% work with a lemon law over the dealer. Guaranteed you have a case. 

Ive reached the lemon law point myself now. Im in contact with one lemon law lawyer who has helped me through the process. Im ready to start the official process but he hasnt emailed me back in 2 days so im calling him monday or going with a different lawyer. 

But for something like your situation absolutely go with a lawyer. Be prepared that you are looking at a 6+ month process and hopefully you are in a free loaner from dealer currently. 

GM may offer you a buyback or trade allowance but itll never be as good as what a true lawyer gets you (which is free to you btw). Also FYI if a dealership offers you a buyback that is not the same as a manufacturer offering it. Its essentially a glorified trade allowance

Yeah that’s kind of how I’m feeling now. Brand new truck, electrical issues, needs a new engine, they can’t even say what’s wrong, been in the shop almost as many days as I’ve been able to drive it—seems fair to just start over with a new truck. Offering an extended warranty doesn’t seem like much at all.

7 minutes ago, GMCnoob said:

Yeah that’s kind of how I’m feeling now. Brand new truck, electrical issues, needs a new engine, they can’t even say what’s wrong, been in the shop almost as many days as I’ve been able to drive it—seems fair to just start over with a new truck. Offering an extended warranty doesn’t seem like much at all.

The lawyers are good at knowing if you have a case or not. They give FREE legal advice in it too. Reach out to one and see. 

Cause i agree extended warranty isnt enough

1 minute ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

What’s a lawyer going to cost? Right now people are getting good money for their used trucks. If you trade it in for something new what’s the cost difference VS time, vs agitation of the process.

Per federal/ state law lemon law lawyers are paid for by the manufacturer 

19 minutes ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

I see. Is that only if you win the case???

I think either way as far as i can tell.... 

I see your point though about trade in values etc. 

But for me i bought a 55k new truck that should work flawlessly. It doesn't. They have to make it right. Plus im not going to put my problems onto someone else trading it in like that... 

Even if it takes 6 months... ill recoup all loan/ costs associated with the truck back to the first day i filed my original complaint. So no loss to me. 

Now the guys trucks who engines blown that sucks but even rental car costs will be covered by the lemon law assuming hes not in a dealer loaner 

Take my advice. 

Anything GM is going to offer is in their benefit, not yours. Lemon law attorney is the way to go. Gm offered me no help on my 19 that was a turd. I wont go into the whole story but my truck fell under the lemon law warranty in My State. In less the 3 months I had my settlement. BBB is a waste. That route got me nothing. 

It blows my mind that people here defend that its normal for a 60k truck to have problem after problem with no help from GM. These trucks are true junk and gm should be ashamed they can sell something for 60k and just leave people with zero help. 

Edited by ct_corey

6 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

Take my advice. 

Anything GM is going to offer is in their benefit, not yours. Lemon law attorney is the way to go. Gm offered me no help on my 19 that was a turd. I wont go into the whole story but my truck fell under the lemon law warranty in My State. In less the 3 months I had my settlement. BBB is a waste. That route got me nothing. 

It blows my mind that people here and defend that its normal for a 60k truck to have problem after problem with no help from GM. These trucks are true junk and gm should be ashamed they can sell something for 60k and just leave people with zero help. 

Agree.  Sigh