red color match question

8a31

I have a 2014 Silverado in Ruby Red Metallic (WA-412P). A friend of a friend has a truck cap off of his 2018 that he wants to sell but the color is Cajun Red Tintcoat (WA-434B). I have search the net and have found that they are different paint codes but they look the same in the pics I have found. I want to know if anyone can tell me how close they are.  Will the cap look like it belongs or will it stand out as a different color. 

I would just drive over and check but he lives about 2 hours away so I was hoping to get a better idea before I waste both of our time.

The only thing I wonder is if the Ruby Red color is a Tintcoat or not.

The Cajun Red, Siren Red, Crimson Red, Red Passion and Long Beach Red are all the same color, a tintcoat too but just with different names for different vehicles like Chevrolet, GMC, Corvette, Caddilac's.

Refinish Technician at a GM dealer here. They are different colours. 412P is a standard red metallic base/clear whereas the 434B has a tinted maroon clearcoat on top of the base followed by regular clear. They may look similar in pictures but if you were a 434B canopy on a 412P truck you will definitely notice the colour difference.

• Thanks 1