What's the plan for 2021, Truck wise?

I have some stuff up my sleeve. Whether or not it happens who knows.

First off I'm really thinking about getting into a 2500 gasser. I'm holding out for a 2022 though hoping they put the 10 speed in it. I'm not interested in another 6 speed. I'd trade my 18 Double cab on it and my wife would drive it most of the time. Keep the payments around the same and carry on. Then I can look seriously at a new Travel trailer.

As far as my lifted 18....

I need to get my subwoofer and speakers I bought myself for Christmas installed. They are in a pile of boxes in my basement.

That's probably it until it warms up.

The major thing I'm thinking about a 1.5" Zone body lift and new tires, 38x13.50x20 Ridge Grapplers probably.

Then maybe the jump seat swap to console.

Tow mirrors, rock lights, loud horn?

Backup camera for my trailer is also on the list. Maybe a front facing camera in the grill with a separate monitor always on mounted near the rear view mirror. Video recording a must on that setup.

What's on your list Frankie?

How about the rest of you Guys?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My plan are to get the new lift installed once I get new uca's then decide if I remove the 1.5 body lift or go with bigger tires. Also tossing around the idea of a 2.9 Whipple and maybe change up the exhaust. First thing once I get back from Fla is to install my new Lasfit D5S led headlights. I won a set from a giveaway on YouTube from Foundupot's Garage channel. Anxious to see how much brighter they are than the 35w hids I have now. And lastly may change up my subwoofer set up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I plan on getting my Corsa Performance Exhaust installed getting it retuned, plan on buying a sub (underneath center console) might swap speakers like u did if it makes a difference (let me know on that). Definitely gettin train-horns this year, some rock lights and the only wheel lights I seen that I actually want are Oracle  dynamic color shifting, needa got those uca’s I showed u and traction bars. Not much more things I wanna do right now 

)

17 minutes ago, HoosierZ said:

Want to change the exhaust to duals out the sides angled behind the tires. Trying to decide on what new shocks to go with too. Would love to regear from 3:08 to 3:73 but that’s not gonna be cheap. 

I wanna do that too, I have 3.42s but might go with 4.10 idk needa do more research before I spend 2k (I’m lucky my truck is 2wd I only have to do one differential) not like I’m going off-road anyways ? 

30 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Gonna have to check those out

That $2,000 seems really steep. You can buy the gear set for $300 from east coast gear supply. Then you only need a new set of pinion bearings plus the seal. If the rear diff is staying the same this would be the cheapest cost.

No way a shop would charge $1,700 for install. I bet R&R is less than 5 hours for something like that.

Edited by CamGTP

54 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

That $2,000 seems really steep. You can buy the gear set for $300 from east coast gear supply. Then you only need a new set of pinion bearings plus the seal. If the rear diff is staying the same this would be the cheapest cost.

No way a shop would charge $1,700 for install. I bet R&R is less than 5 hours for something like that.

Well I was told 1500$ at one shop and 2500$ at another shop, what a good price range for this upgrade? So I know I’m not getting screwed 

What that all in cost, like they are sourcing the gear set and such?

I figure they are trying to make a few hundred on mark up if they are. $300 gear set turns into $500 pretty easy with mark up. Labor is always a mark up with any shop. They are only paying the employee 20-30 an hour but they charge 90-100 an hour to make money for the business. I don't have access to a book/labor time breakdown anymore but I would want to know what that is.

Like if a GM book time is 5 hours but they are charging someone 9 hours for labor, I would not be happy with that and wonder why the hell the price is so high. The mechanics are these shops are good and I bet would be done with your truck in 3 hours max and that's with taking their time. You can break down the rear diff in 20 minutes with a impact gun. It's literally 4 bolts and 1 giant nut for the pinion.

Edited by CamGTP

38 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

What that all in cost, like they are sourcing the gear set and such?

I figure they are trying to make a few hundred on mark up if they are. $300 gear set turns into $500 pretty easy with mark up. Labor is always a mark up with any shop. They are only paying the employee 20-30 an hour but they charge 90-100 an hour to make money for the business. I don't have access to a book/labor time breakdown anymore but I would want to know what that is.

Like if a GM book time is 5 hours but they are charging someone 9 hours for labor, I would not be happy with that and wonder why the hell the price is so high. The mechanics are these shops are good and I bet would be done with your truck in 3 hours max and that's with taking their time. You can break down the rear diff in 20 minutes with a impact gun. It's literally 4 bolts and 1 giant nut for the pinion.

I might as around thanks