‘21 High Country Finished

Just finished my ‘21 High Country.

Goals were:

1. Clean look for ****** 54 yr old, no more lifted trucks..

2. Keep stock ride height and suspension

3. No rub, minimal trimming if needed

4. More aggressive stance, minimal offset 

5. Slightly bigger tire, 10 ply towing, beef it up 

6. Run airbags for towing 

7. Clear bra paint protection, drive in winter mtn conditions, lots of sand,salt, and mag chloride.

Mods:

1. Leer 100 XL Topper

2. Bed rug 

3. Fuel Rebel 8 Anthracite 20x9 +1 offset

4. BFG KO2 295/65/20

5. Factory installed Amp boards 

6. Firestone Air bag setup for towing.

7. Clear bra front bumper, inserts and hood 18”.  

Damn these new HD’s are big! Happy with how it turned out. Beefed it up a bit. Was very surprised I was able to do it without a level. Wanted to make sure I could park in my garage and take it to a car wash etc. Minor trimming didn’t bother me vs a level kit. Love the wheels but couldn’t get them in a +18 offset, only +1. Went with 295/65/20 hoping the 11.5 wide would help me, which it did for the most part.  I do a lot of hauling and driving in winter mountain conditions. Lots of sand and rock on the roads. Could always clear bra and paint protect more of the body sides and learning edges? That will be expensive. I can’t seem to find any aftermarket flares that I like that won’t make it look goofy.  Any thoughts or suggestions ? 

904760F9-80F3-4414-AA47-9137A4267E9D.jpeg

EEA131EB-2543-4A5E-90F1-412FF65E0A44.jpeg

7560ED6A-123D-4FBD-A5ED-30E702866B39.jpeg

D27E3283-D1D4-4740-9004-9811ED4E621B.jpeg

Edited by 00285
  • Like 1

looks really good, clean! ??

I am going to run the same size wheels and tires for the same reasons as you. I actually picked up the tires yesterday. I did however level mine. 

you could run the extended GM mudflaps/splash guards. looks like they provide about 1" more coverage and do not look bad IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does that sit pretty level as is?  Did you adjust the torsion bars?

I'd like to avoid suspension work (shocks, arms, etc) if I can but still leaning towards Cognito.  I will be putting bags on for towing either way, though.

Looks great!

Thanks..

It did have all 4 tires/rims in the rear when the pic was taken but overall, it’s very level without touching anything. Also should consider weight of topper I guess.  Trimmed the mud flap and liner, nothing else. I have not installed my airbags yet.‘FYI 

I was reading over the airbag install last night.  Looks straightforward and something I'll handle.  I'm a little more concerned with the (potential) suspension work, though, and need to find a local shop that I can trust.  Further complicating my decision is my expectation that I'll have steering noise issues (and maybe other drivetrain related questions).  I'm nervous about the dealer giving me warranty grief.  Some kits do touch the steering components and I can hear the lecture already......

39 minutes ago, 00285 said:

Trimmed the mud flap and liner, nothing else. 

can you post pics of your trimming. i have the same size wheels and tires now. so far seems like i only have rubbing on the liners. 

i am going to tackle this today

thanks