OnStar + Data Plan

21 hours ago, EX-F150 said:

Here is the link for the Costco site that has the info.     https://www.costcoauto.com/special_offers/OnStar.aspx

Called in to apply promo code and they just dropped my Remote Access to $7.99/mon for a year. They told me to call back before it expires and they will try to renew at same price or give me a better deal.

5 hours ago, Megalomegalodon said:

Called in to apply promo code and they just dropped my Remote Access to $7.99/mon for a year. They told me to call back before it expires and they will try to renew at same price or give me a better deal.

So you tried to get the Costco discount and they gave you a better deal?   That's great.  Wish I had that luck

2 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

At $7.99 I'm all-in.  Will call tomorrow and give my Costco promo code and see what happens.  $7.99 is all it's worth.  My 2017 BMW X5 offered the same/similar app at no charge.  

I agree.  My  F150 allowed me remote lock, unlock, engine start, etc.. for free.  

Just call and say you want unlimited internet for $15.

Remote access can be $5 or $7

OnStar is $19

No costco bs, just ask for it.  Shoot... Tell them you want it free and they will give it to you.  I had OnStar for free all summer for my road trips.  When I was going to expire I just told them that I wanted to keep trying it out. I knew I didn't want or need it... But free is free.  

What people fail to realize about the hotspot or the phone is that the service is stronger in the truck than your phone.  I hunt and fish off the grid... The truck keeps me connected longer in places my cell phone loses long ago.  So it's nice to have.  In California, the 4g sucks in the truck.  But once I got out of state on the road, it was rock solid.  So, the $15 unlimited is good for me.  Remote access... Not so much, but I still have it for $7.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just called to cancel and asked about Costco/Onstar discount for Remote Access. She just kept reading multiple discounts available and I asked about a prepay for one year and she offered me $68.20 for a year subscription, which works out to about 5.68 month.   I could of signed up for a 2 or 3 year for $8:13 month, but I took the 1 year....for now.