Poor support for truck purchases

Anyone else having trouble trying to buy a 2500 GM truck? They have no inventory, the front of the née chevy is ugly (gmc is a little better), the website doesn’t work to build and request a quote, and there is no way to contact them on the weekend to try and resolve. It is like they are going out of there way to encourage people to buy a Ford. At least Ford has inventory to take for a test drive. I own a chevy 1500 and have been happy with it. Unfortunately, looks like I need to switch brands to get any type of customer service. Disappointing. 

GM is rationing trucks and SUV's because sales are so good and capacity is down with current health concerns thats affecting suppliers with limited employee availability and capacity, as well as the assembly plants.  There are many parts shortages affecting production.    Also, it may be the new business plan, make it hard to get and create bigger demand so they can sell for more.

When I bought my Denali on 12/07/20 I also added a GMC Tonneau cover and it was back-ordered and just came in this week.  Normally they order it and it shows up the next day.

PS - Its not just GM. Friend wants a new 2021 Ram 3500 Diesel and they told him he may never get it because they are not getting the vehicles to sell like before.  They will order it but RAM is not taking the orders right now saying production is full up.  And this is a big RAM dealer that sell a lot of vehicles and they are having problems getting vehicles, namely trucks and SUV's which are in BIG demand right now. They often have a 100+ trucks on the lot but right now its less than 5.  If you are seeing dealers with inventory its because its not selling as fast in that market. 

Edited by elcamino

They are selling lots of them in Western Canada. And there seems to be some on lots to. They are almost selling better than the 1/2 tons. But because of Covid a lot of people up here have gone back to camping so they need a truck to pull them. Trailer sales were through the roof last summer. 

But GM must be selling lots of trucks because that is their reasoning for reopening the Oshawa Ontario plant. It will build trucks.  And they also announced a big investment in the St. Catherine's Ontario engine plant to switch it to electric , and the Ingersoll Ontario plant to build electric whatever.