May I ask a favor of a High Country Silverado owner?

16 minutes ago, calgator73 said:

With the heads up display I hardly even look at the speedometer.

4 minutes ago, gregus73 said:

Same for me. Love the HUD.

The only gauges that I really liked were on the Porsche and Cadillac V series that I had.

While I certainly don't mind having the extra speed display, I don't care for digital displays. Its just not the same thing, nothing compares to watching how fast that needle moves when you drop the hammer.

• 2 weeks later...

SO FREAKING CLEAN......

A) When are you going to take me for a spin in that thing?

B) I thought you were going to be "one of those guys" with the SS badging but this thing deserves that and more!  

Bravo

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Gave ya a sub just for the blower. 👏

thanks!

One more project in the books, moving right along to the next one. Tons of crazy ideas in my head! That DIY project channel is probably going to be mostly about the Denali for a while now...

Edited by kodiakdenali

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

SO FREAKING CLEAN......

A) When are you going to take me for a spin in that thing?

B) I thought you were going to be "one of those guys" with the SS badging but this thing deserves that and more!  

Bravo

I appreciate the compliment!

My last truck was an SS Silverado, I enjoyed it so much I want some piece of its legacy to hold over to its successor. in my garage a car or truck is also a project, and projects get to have code names 🙂 I like it! It makes my truck unique.

36 minutes ago, kodiakdenali said:

I appreciate the compliment!

My last truck was an SS Silverado, I enjoyed it so much I want some piece of its legacy to hold over to its successor. in my garage a car or truck is also a project, and projects get to have code names 🙂 I like it! It makes my truck unique.

One other thing.. going to post on Thingiverse?  

Definitely don't have the money to invest in this project at the moment, but would be cool to know it's out there if I do :)  

22 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

One other thing.. going to post on Thingiverse?  

Definitely don't have the money to invest in this project at the moment, but would be cool to know it's out there if I do :)  

I haven't decided yet. I'm completely fine with sharing the model files for the project. I read something about thingiverse that has me wondering though, someone said they have a terms of service that allows them to claim ownership of anything uploaded there. I don't like the sound of that. although you can post stuff there with open source or copyleft licenses so I don't see how they could even do that. maybe it was just someone misreading the terms somehow. I can't find any references to that. so I'll have to decide where I might want to post, but I'd be glad to share the project with anyone who could enjoy it.

12 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

I haven't decided yet. I'm completely fine with sharing the model files for the project. I read something about thingiverse that has me wondering though, someone said they have a terms of service that allows them to claim ownership of anything uploaded there. I don't like the sound of that. although you can post stuff there with open source or copyleft licenses so I don't see how they could even do that. maybe it was just someone misreading the terms somehow. I can't find any references to that. so I'll have to decide where I might want to post, but I'd be glad to share the project with anyone who could enjoy it.

I hadn't heard that but if that is the case, that's pretty *******ty of them.  Profit off someone else's work?

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

I hadn't heard that but if that is the case, that's pretty *******ty of them.  Profit off someone else's work?

yeah. if I remember correctly I was downloading some models and came across one which made this claim, the author gave a link to where you could get the files elsewhere but wouldn't allow them on thingiverse because of it...however I haven't found any information to corroborate that claim so maybe that person was mistaken? hard to say for sure.