R1234yf to R134a switch??

I have an '18 Silverado and I am also a victim of the AC condenser leak.  Mine has the new 1234yf coolant (that is EXPENSIVE)- I am about to swap out the condenser and was wondering if anyone had back converted to the R134a?  I was going to do the UV test, but finding 1234yf UV test isn't easy- especially when what I have found is the regular threaded cans (not reverse thread like the 1234yf cans).  Any input is helpful!

I had a 134A system in my 2014 and that AC system broke if you looked at it wrong. My yf system has been PERFECT.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

2012 - 2018 134A OR 1234YF SYSTEMS  Chevy, gmc. ect, truck, suv , condenser are leaking Where the leak is at u.v. dye does not mark it. gm extended the warranty 60,000 miles or 5 years which comes first. It is not covered under extended warranty GM call it a wear part. A/C compressor would be a wear part but I don't see how a condenser would be, There's  no moving parts. the condenser leaks on driver side where the 1 1/2 round dryer tank is connected to the condenser at the top connection.

new condenser comes with fix ,a long welded strip holds the condenser to dryer.

also the high side valve core bad to leak the black plastic ball dry rot after 5 years.

. You must fix leak or waste your money   best to use 1234yf in 1234yf system . the a/c oil different both oil ar pag type but different formula there are also different weights of PAG oils 150, 100, 46.

using 134a in 1234yf the oil does not mix the same causing A/C compressor to go bad in a year or two, check the price of one of these compressor $400-500