17 MPG city driving (not 22) on 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 diesel (3.0)

9 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Just got thru with a cross country vacation. First screen shot is going thru part of Missouri and Nebraska, heading home. Looks like speeding helps fuel mileage! 😁

Second screenshot is mileage for this month. Lots of mountain driving in Virginia mountain tops. Tennessee wasn't near as bad.

I don't drive it to try and get fuel efficiency, I drive it to get the torque feel.

Can hardly wait for summer fuel.

Screenshot_20210315-111021.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-110938.jpg

I wish the My Chevrolet app had this feature.

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

GMC is so kind to give you tips on your driving also. Like...make sure to leave early, so you don't have hard acceleration events! 🙄

Screenshot_20210316-082721.jpg

Edited by gemarsh
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Are you sure it doesn't?

Near as I can tell 'driving activity' section is a new 'thing' for the gmc app too. 

Edited by redwngr

21 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Are you sure it doesn't?

Near as I can tell 'driving activity' section is a new 'thing' for the gmc app too. 

Unless I'm overlooking it, there isn't a spot in the app for it. I've even looked in the Edit Dashboard section.

9 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Unless I'm overlooking it, there isn't a spot in the app for it. I've even looked in the Edit Dashboard section.

You have to log in to your OnStar account. Somewhere in there, is a place to tick a box to sign up for Smart driver, it is included, just need to allow them to "watch" your driving.

If you drive nice and have, I think State Farm ins, you can get a discount on ins.

I don't believe you have to update the app. It's just there, after signing up on the webpage.

Screenshot_20210316-092952_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-093149_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

You have to log in to your OnStar account. Somewhere in there, is a place to tick a box to sign up for Smart driver, it is included, just need to allow them to "watch" your driving.

If you drive nice and have, I think State Farm ins, you can get a discount on ins.

I don't believe you have to update the app. It's just there, after signing up on the webpage.

Screenshot_20210316-092952_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-093149_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have it and see it on my account, but see nowhere to enable it.

22 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I will say Chevrolet web site sucks compared to gmc. GMC'S website has alot more detailed explanation. 

AND....you can un-enroll, if you don't want gm creeping on you.

Screenshot_20210316-094435_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, gemarsh said:

I will say Chevrolet web site sucks compared to gmc. GMC'S website has alot more detailed explanation. 

AND....you can un-enroll, if you don't want gm creeping on you.

Screenshot_20210316-094435_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isn't that the truth. You'd think they'd all be very simliar.

5 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I have it and see it on my account, but see nowhere to enable it.

Just a WAG you could try, as I can't see chevys side of onstar, but at the top on gmcs side, there is a search function on top of the page. I typed in Smart driver and it populated a page that allows me to turn it off or on by a slider on my phone.

Screenshot_20210316-095212_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't think I've ever logging into onstar...but it showed up in the mygmc app.

After selecting a vehicle, the vehicle screen has items/apps for

- key fob

- vehicle status

- vehicle locate.

- Smart driver

- wi-fi hotspot

- safety and security

- navigation

-- and about 7 more

4 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Just a WAG you could try, as I can't see chevys side of onstar, but at the top on gmcs side, there is a search function on top of the page. I typed in Smart driver and it populated a page that allows me to turn it off or on by a slider on my phone.

Screenshot_20210316-095212_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think that is if you are searching for that truck. I have the same slider, but no Smart Driver option in my app. Who knows. I wonder if it is because my account is setup as a fleet.

Inside the mygmc app, on the phone, scrolling to the bottom finds an 'edit dashboard' box that can be selected, and inside that it can be selected/unselected as an active app.

Just now, redwngr said:

Inside the mygmc app, on the phone, scrolling to the bottom finds an 'edit dashboard' box that can be selected, and inside that it can be selected/unselected as an active app.

Again, not in the Chevrolet app.