Rear cross traffic alert radar

I recently purchased a 2020 2500 Sierra Denali. The truck had been involved in a rear collision and the bed replaced. I’ve noticed that when I get a rear traffic alert the alert always comes from the wrong direction, I.e. if the car is coming from the left, the seat vibrates on the right and the warning on the screen indicates the traffic is coming from the right. My assumption is that the radar sensors were hooked up backwards. 

does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for these connectors or begin to troubleshoot the problem? 

thanks

On 3/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, Aussie87 said:

I recently purchased a 2020 2500 Sierra Denali. The truck had been involved in a rear collision and the bed replaced. I’ve noticed that when I get a rear traffic alert the alert always comes from the wrong direction, I.e. if the car is coming from the left, the seat vibrates on the right and the warning on the screen indicates the traffic is coming from the right. My assumption is that the radar sensors were hooked up backwards. 

does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for these connectors or begin to troubleshoot the problem? 

thanks

Sounds like you may be correct on them being hooked up wrong. The sensors for that system are built into the corner steps on the rear bumper. Maybe follow the wires from there to the connection.

On 3/12/2021 at 5:50 AM, Aussie87 said:

thanks

You have diagnosed the problem  - I had a 2019 Silverado that also had the left and right rear radar sensors transposed. The dealer swapped the harnesses and that took care of the issue.