Just had my Magnaflow catback system installed. I has an MF on previous vehicle and loved the deep sound and quality.  Havent had a lot of time on it as  of yet but so far a big improvement in sound.  I didn’t want obnoxious, but wasn't satisfied  with stock.  It is a bit noisier in cab, which  I enjoy as I like the audio confirmation I am running a V8.  I had option to keep HDMI tips but wanted that custom look that the MF provides. They currently only offer chrome tips at this time. 

Had installed at a local shop, as pricing for labour was reasonable vs. Aggravation, and broken skin I would be sure to encounter, and they went through hassle of boxing up stock and loading. I am up in Canada and was under $2K installed. 

I know with my previous truck with this set up there was a definitive break in sound change so will update in awhile if any noticeable change.   I had a lot of compliments on my other truck as Flowmaster is the popular choice around here and just has a different pitch. I like the deep,  throaty rumble of old school muscle cars and this did not disappoint. 

Stock start up and idle<< youtube video link

MF start up and idle<<<youtube video link

not sure how to imbed actual videos

0D148280-2FAD-45E9-8875-79F1112ABB68.jpeg

Edited by Yfz43gmc
Update links
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Tim said:

Problem with a loud exhaust is it's always loud, just another in a proverbial sea of loud pickup trucks... shoulda bought 2k Bitcoin instead.

My investment portfolio is just fine, but thanks for your sage advice and concern.  However  I will choose to invest in my local and US economy by supporting the people who work at both companies😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, C5 Pete said:

Part numbers for the MF you installed?

Thanks. 

Magnaflow system catback 2019 Silverado/sierra part number is 19489. DFM sounds still applicable. I was able to clean it up a little bit by running it in sport mode. But the back pressure on the XL gives you a good amount of burble. They are working on the X mod but currently only gotten to the TRX and Ram models at the moment. I am awaiting them to start on the Sierras/Silverado. I never welded my system yet even though I have a slight tick at clamp.  I want to see what parts may be interchangeable. It is loud however. I like it and love the fact that I can hear my intakes screaming for air. Are awaiting the decision on what my options are for working with the system with a new X model or replacing it when it becomes available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So apparently MF is not able to address the DFM as GMC module controls the Cylinders- Or that is jist of info I got. Looks like a programmer is only way to get rid of drone and annoying shift feedback.  Will be looking into that as a problem solver as I can't hold a gear-depending on wind- at highway speed, and the shifting up and down drives me literally bonkers!  Well played fuel efficiency engineers. It works great until it doesn't.

I found the efficiency BS drove me bonkers on my previous truck also while using cruise control. I appreciate that GMC at least allows you option to bypass the adaptive cruise, but wish it was a feature you could set and forget, not engage every trip, much like auto off which you also have to push switch for.  but there are a lot of buttons I would love to not have to press in life, just to get on gas!. 🙄

Edited by Yfz43gmc
autocorrect-wrong