Silverado with 6.2L nowhere to be found

38 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

They're pulling AFM from some vehicles because of the chip shortage. A no-AFM 5.3 with the 6-speed sounds like a pretty good truck.

Some 2021 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500 trucks equipped with the 5.3L V8 engine (RPO L82) and 6L80 6-speed automatic transmission (RPO MYC) or the 5.3L V8 engine (RPO L84) (Fig. 19) and 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission (RPO MQE) may not have the Active Fuel Management/AFM (L82 engine) or Dynamic Fuel Management/DFM (L84 engine) feature. Beginning in March 2021, trucks produced without AFM or DFM are identified with RPO YK9 – Not Equipped with Cylinder Deactivation.

TIP: Any truck with RPO YK9 cannot be reprogramed and changed to turn on or activate the AFM/DFM functionality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elcamino said:

General Motors Lansing Grand River Plant Shutdown To Affect Production Of 5,100 Units

The plant shutdown was brought on by the ongoing semiconductor supply shortage, which has been affecting automotive production across the globe in recent weeks. Automakers like GM are battling with the consumer electronics and medical equipment industries for access to microchips as suppliers in China, Taiwan, Korea and elsewhere try to ramp up production and keep up with growing demand.

Did you read the article? Especially the last sentence? " In a statement last week, GM CEO Mary Barra said that the chip shortage would not affect production of GM’s highly profitable full-size SUV and pickup models."

On 3/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, GN2018 said:

Trucks in general, are selling like crazy.  I just committed to a Sierra Denali and I had to commit to it while it was in transit.  Of course I could have got out of the deal, but the point is, nothing was on the lot.  Plus, there’s incentives, in Michigan at least, that are only good through the end of March.  One hot market right now.

Man thats no joke. I just sold my 2020 2500HD today and started looking at 1500s. A friend of mine works at a dealer and he said he has like 20+ trucks coming in on rail but every single one was already sold. We do have a couple of dealers here in the Boise area that have some inventory, including 6.2 equipped ones

And the market is so hot that I sold my truck to an outfit called Auto Pros Buys. I believe they are part of or only sell to the Lithia group. They wrote me a check today that was $150 less than I paid for it new last year. Not including taxes of course.  Now I gotta find a replacement before they're all gone.

4 minutes ago, honda65 said:

Man thats no joke. I just sold my 2020 2500HD today and started looking at 1500s. A friend of mine works at a dealer and he said he has like 20+ trucks coming in on rail but every single one was already sold. We do have a couple of dealers here in the Boise area that have some inventory, including 6.2 equipped ones

And the market is so hot that I sold my truck to an outfit called Auto Pros Buys. I believe they are part of or only sell to the Lithia group. They wrote me a check today that was $150 less than I paid for it new last year. Not including taxes of course.  Now I gotta find a replacement before they're all gone.

I just barely sold my ‘18 Sierra SLT CC to Carvana today for $400 more than I paid for it in July of 2018. Like you, not including taxes. 

• Like 1