Silverado with 6.2L nowhere to be found

Just looking on the supplier discount website there seems to be several not too far from Eugene. When I was shopping one was listed that was already gone and a few were in transit. I wanted an RST CC 4x4 6.2 with the 6.5 bed and max trailering, there were 2 available in the country at the time out of like 35k trucks.  

Supplier price is $56,389 on that one. https://www.powergmofnewport.com/new-Newport-2021-Chevrolet-Silverado+1500-LT+Trail+Boss-3GCPYFEL6MG224145

Edited by JCattSS
added link

2 hours ago, Jonboko said:

I wouldn't say the 5.3 is "settling" got a 21 at4 thing is very nice 

Not knocking the 5.3.  It's a durable engine to say the least but drive them side by side like I did (several times) or just take a look at the numbers.  The 5.3 w a 10 speed does a mid-15 second 1/4 while my 6.2 hits 13.9.  Even high up in the mountains, TFL put the 5.3 at 9.46 0-60 with the 6.2 doing it in 7.7.

If OP has done what I have and wants that smash your head into the headrest feel.. wait it out, they will be built again.

• Like 1

I searched a week ago for a Custom TB w/ 6.2 for my neighbor. That trim and engine combo are unicorns. I searched California, Utah, Nevada, and got 0 hits. Found one in Flagstaff, AZ that is blue. My neighbor didn't want blue. Working with a dealer he found a white one in Texas that he should have in his driveway in about a week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 3/27/2021 at 7:14 PM, TheMarco said:

Hi all,

How are people managing to get a Silverado with the 6.2L V8?

I'm in Oregon and I can't find a single one in a 200+ mile radius. I'm starting to wonder I'm going to be forced to settle for the 5.3?

The Custom Trail Boss with a 6.2L seems like the most amazing truck you can get for the money. I just wish I could actually get one.

Any tips or tricks besides factory ordering which takes extremely long?

Go further out than 200 miles. Also contact the dealer near you and have them search. They can do better at searching that the Chevy website inventory search feature.

On 3/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, Jonboko said:

I wouldn't say the 5.3 is "settling" got a 21 at4 thing is very nice 

Getting a 5.3 is definitely settling if OP wants a 6.2. But even then the 6.2 has the 10 speed and most of the 5.3s have the 8 speed. You have to look at the whole picture. However I’m sure your 5.3 is nice as well. 

• Like 1

Getting a 5.3 is definitely settling if OP wants a 6.2. But even then the 6.2 has the 10 speed and most of the 5.3s have the 8 speed. You have to look at the whole picture. However I’m sure your 5.3 is nice as well. 
OP is looking for a Custom Trail Boss. The 5.3 in that trim gets the 6-speed, not the 8-speed.

15 minutes ago, Transient said:

OP is looking for a Custom Trail Boss. The 5.3 in that trim gets the 6-speed, not the 8-speed.

Good catch. Which in my opinion may be even worse than the 8. My truck had 26k miles on it when I sold it. I never did get the shudder but man than thing was the chunkiest shifting transmission I’ve ever had. 

You might have to further your range. I’ve been kinda searching for a unique type of camaro and had to widen my search to 500 miles or more. If u want it bad enough. Can always get a plane ticket. Fly out and then drive it home.  Good luck with your search. 

Unique camaro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Motors Lansing Grand River Plant Shutdown To Affect Production Of 5,100 Units

The plant shutdown was brought on by the ongoing semiconductor supply shortage, which has been affecting automotive production across the globe in recent weeks. Automakers like GM are battling with the consumer electronics and medical equipment industries for access to microchips as suppliers in China, Taiwan, Korea and elsewhere try to ramp up production and keep up with growing demand.

8 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Unique camaro?

Yes one with magnetic ride control, convertible, and 10 spd. The ones here in Midwest don’t have the magna-ride. And if they do, they aren’t convertibles or 10 speed. I found a brand new 2019 ZL1 convertible 10 spd but idk if I wanna drop $68k. That’s a lot of $$$. Plus, I’ll never take it to the track and in the real world the SS has plenty of HP/TQ and I can always add a supercharger down the line. Wife and I just want a nice cruiser to go to lake house with. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

Yes one with magnetic ride control, convertible, and 10 spd. The ones here in Midwest don’t have the magna-ride. And if they do, they aren’t convertibles or 10 speed. I found a brand new 2019 ZL1 convertible 10 spd but idk if I wanna drop $68k. That’s a lot of $$$. Plus, I’ll never take it to the track and in the real world the SS has plenty of HP/TQ and I can always add a supercharger down the line. Wife and I just want a nice cruiser to go to lake house with. 

Mag ride is nice my 1LE has it

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Mag ride is nice my 1LE has it

Yes it is. Unreal how much nicer it is compared to a stock SS. Rented one in Vegas last year   2019 2SS black convertible. Absolutely loved it. I truly like the 19 body style also. Something about the bow tie in The bumper just sets it off. And since there is only one year like that. Makes it even more unique. 

11 hours ago, Transient said:

They're pulling AFM from some vehicles because of the chip shortage. A no-AFM 5.3 with the 6-speed sounds like a pretty good truck.

They're pulling AFM from some vehicles because of the chip shortage. A no-AFM 5.3 with the 6-speed sounds like a pretty good truck.
They're getting rid of the whole engine and transmission for 2022