Enfotainment system

Ok got a question in regards to the infotainment system  in a 2021 3500 HD Denali !

I have my own personal WIFI with unlimited data , and I would like to connect to it , but every time I start my truck it connects to the onboard WIFI , that was set up the day that I purchased it ,  every time I disconnect  from my truck my Android Auto shuts Down.

Is there a way that I can connect my phone to my own personal WIFI , and Still have the Android Auto work Wirelessly ?

I do not have my truck yet, but try this.  Go into the settings on the truck and turn the hotspot off, or delete the trucks network (ssid) from your phone.  Now your phone shouldn't be able to connect to the truck via wifi.  I think android auto just uses bluetooth so make sure you phone is paired to the truck via bluetooth and your hotspot via wifi.  That should let you pull data from your hotspot and still use android auto on the truck.

Did that , and Soon as I disconnected the wifi , I lost all Infotainment features through Android . 

But Will try the hotspot tomorrow , but I think I did that a few weeks ago. 

I may have to go to GM and See what they can do.

The hotspot is how Android Auto works, you can do music streaming over bluetooth, but not Android Auto.  It technically wont make any difference, except you cant use your wifi hotspot, and some Android applications arent updated to properly switch to cellular data when the wifi connection doesnt have internet on it.  I am in the same boat as you, it just is what it is.  If you do find a way around it, I am definitely eager to hear, but I havent been able to trick it in anyway.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:47 AM, dstar2002 said:

The hotspot is how Android Auto works, you can do music streaming over bluetooth, but not Android Auto.  It technically wont make any difference, except you cant use your wifi hotspot, and some Android applications arent updated to properly switch to cellular data when the wifi connection doesnt have internet on it.  I am in the same boat as you, it just is what it is.  If you do find a way around it, I am definitely eager to hear, but I havent been able to trick it in anyway.

Well I'm going to the dealership here later today , and or tomorrow , there has to be a way to get around it !  " or is it just a way for on-star to try and get you to buy there data Package ? "   Hmmmmmmm !!!!!

I will keep you informed !