Control Arms

The biggest thing is backspacing on the wheels for uca's.

For me I was wanting to keep my factory 20s that have 6 " backspace.  A spacer could have fixed but I am not a fan of that and some tire places can give you crap on them as well.

So it is either new wheels and/or tires, stick with factory ucas, or go cognito in my case.  Already bought the kryptonites not spending more than I have to at this point t so went back with factory ucas for now.  I mean in reality the originals went 80k

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, cjlet said:

Other than the UCA issue, how do you like the Eibachs? Debating on those with some Motofab UCAs.

I'll warn you about the Motofab UCAs.  I've had mine for about two months, and one of the bushings is already failing. 

11 hours ago, jabba7 said:

I'll warn you about the Motofab UCAs.  I've had mine for about two months, and one of the bushings is already failing. 

Good to know. Thanks!

On 4/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, jabba7 said:

I beg to differ - I've had mine for three months now and have had zero issues.
I think mine have updated bushings for the version I bought.
I'm running a 3" level and the bushings align very straight to the bushing mount.
Also, these bushings have zerk fittings for grease if ever they get dry - instructions mentions NOT to grease them on install as the are pre-greased from the factory.

So, ultimately I decided to go with the same setup for struts and shocks. Fox 2.0 coil overs and 2.0 on the rear. 

Should I swap my UCA for something after market, or stick with OEM and upgrade the ball joint? Should I replace the LCA, or upgrade the lower ball joint?

Angles aren’t bad, but they’re also not the stock angle.

Hmm, reached out to Kryptonite and they said I’ll rub with my setup. I’m running 20x9 +12 wheels and a 275/60/20 tire. Fox 2.0 Struts. They suggested wheels with more back spacing, or spacers, which I don’t want to do.

Anyone know if I’ll run into the same issue with Cognitos? Or for that matter, if there are UCAs that I won’t have issues with? Can always go with the stock UCAs I suppose

Edited by cjlet

• 2 weeks later...

What about JBA? I don't see too many people using them here but the toyota guys love them. I think the caveat is they only work with a cast iron steering knuckle/spindle. On the newer gm vehicles (2016+) they came aluminum is my understanding, this is route I'm planning on going with my 2015 unless I get any compelling arguments for a different option 

https://jbaoffroad.com/jba-hd-upper-a-arms-for-2007-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra.html

Edited by RJSmithers

I wanted JBA but they didn't have any for mine...I am running cognito on 3 in front lift on my T1 with stock tires and it clears....reason I got them cuz I read they would....I would assume if they say they will they should 

20210510_192033.jpg

20210510_192047.jpg

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1