wifi password help

14 minutes ago, danjw99 said:

The dealer set my password for wifi, and he is no longer around, can I reset my ID?password?

Go into your settings, go to the part in the infotainment screen for wifi and the wifi pass word is there.

Edited by MikeBMW

There are two networks in your truck.

One is the Wifi Hotspot. You pay for service, and it allows devices in your truck to connect and get access to the internet over 4g cellular radio. I have only found one way to manage it, and that's through the MyChevrolet phone app. You can edit the name (SSID) and change the password.  

The other is the ability of your truck to connect to other (external) wifi networks (like McDonalds or your home) to get access to the internet for the Entertainment system (updates, app installs, etc). This is free. I connect my truck to my home network in the driveway, but I don't see much data usage between the two. This connection you can control for the truck and connect to as many networks as you'd like (as long as you know the passwords for each). 

• Like 1