How to figure out if Yukon has HD Tow Package?

Hi,

How can I figure out if the car does have HD towing? I checked several VIN Decoder but they seem to tell always the same tow capacity, no matter what Yukon VIN I do enter.

My 2017 5.3L SLT 4WD does have a Trailer Tow Brake on the left hand side, close to the steering wheel. Is this the ultimate proof of the package? The car doesn't have a VIN sticker (at least I didn't find it...was expecting it in one of the doors) and so I'm completely confused about the towing capacity.
Does anyone know how to figure out with 100% confidence?

Thanks

Edited by xycrazy

Hi,  

How can I figure out if the car does have HD towing? I checked several VIN Decoder but they seem to tell always the same tow capacity, no matter what Yukon VIN I do enter.

My 2017 SLT 4WD does have a Trailer Tow Brake on the left hand side, close to the steering wheel. Is this the ultimate proof of the package? The car doesn't have a VIN sticker (at least I didn't find it...was expecting it in one of the doors) and so I'm completely confused about the towing capacity.

Thanks

Check the glove compartment, you will find a sticker with GM RPO codes

Each code represents what feature the car has so you can look it up

http://www.dstgateway.com/ACDelcoDocuments/rpoCodes.pdf

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xycrazy said:

Hi,

My 2017 5.3L SLT 4WD does have a Trailer Tow Brake on the left hand side, close to the steering wheel. Is this the ultimate proof of the package? The car doesn't have a VIN sticker (at least I didn't find it...was expecting it in one of the doors) and so I'm completely confused about the towing capacity.

Thanks

The factory brake controller is only part of the max trailer package on Tahoe/Yukon.  To verify 100%, open the glovebox and look at the silver SPID label that has all of the build codes for the truck.  Look for codes NHT and GU6.  If you have those for sure, you have the "max trailer" package on your Yukon.  8200bs on 4x4 with 5.3 and 8100lbs with 6.2.    

7,000+ lbs is more than what the truck weighs, you're going to notice that when towing.

Getting up to speed, slowing down etc etc is going to take a lot longer. Get a weight distribution hitch if you plan to tow that heavy a lot and always factor in your tongue weight. Don't want to be squating in the back so much that your headlights are pointing to the sky.

25 minutes ago, xycrazy said:

What do you mean 

Welcome to the site.

VIN should be visible through the windshield, bottom left corner, drivers side.

What will be in the trailer, need to add that to total weight behind you.