Emissions System Error

Anybody out there ever get this message on their display? "Service Emission System" all to find out it was a reductant system tamper code? Just wondering if this could have been from just recently using cheap O'Reillys DEF fluid because they were out of blue DEF. Some folks tell me it doesn't matter but sure is a coincidence that I got this message 3 days after pouring the cheap stuff in!

doubt it. most people use the cheapest stuff they can find.

I personally us the regular Blue DEF.

however, there have been numerous reports of issues after the Blue DEF "platinum" stuff is used. GM blames it on Peak, Peak blames it on GM.

The blue def normal works good. So does the shell rotella DEF. The blue def platinum gave me poor def quality errors then service emissions system. Running it low and shell rotella got rid of the errors. Never had any def or emissions errors with anything except the blue def platinum. Take that how you will. 

On my recent road trip pulling a 17,000 gvw toy hauler the service emissions system light came on around 175 miles from my house. We stopped at a local GMC dealer and was told the dpf needed to be replaced and they could not get one for 5-6 weeks. They reset the computer and gave us enough miles to get home and cancel a trip we had planned for 6 momths needles to say we were very disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

I know none of them are perfect, but good lord does it seem like GM can't get their crap together with the emissions. 

Across forums for all 3 brands it seems I see more complaints about L5P emissions than the other 2, which sucks because I'd really love to trust a Duramax