remote start issues with key fob - Service Steering column lock

I have a 2021 AT4 diesel.  Twice i have tried to crank with key fob and the starter spins but the motor would not crank.  Thankfully i was close by and jumped in and stopped the starter by pressing the brake pedal and start button.  Both times there was an error - "service steering column lock".  It didn't appear the start was going to stop spinning, which i'm sure could quickly cause some issues.  

Just curious if anyone has had the issue.  I dropped it off at my local dealer the other day but it just sat there all day and they never looked at it.  I'll be taking it back as soon as i get a chance but wondering if others know the fix.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I am also having the same issue. "Service Steering Column Lock"  -  Also, my drivers window will not go up or down and the radio doesn't shut off when leaving the truck. It also doesn't wake-up normally when entering the vehicle with the FOB.   The dealer seems stumped and has my interior all disassembled and is ordering a new drivers door window motor.  I feel like that isn't the issue and has to be sensor or computer related.  I need this truck for work and this is killing me.  It's a 2021 GMC 2500HD AT-4.  Anyone know the fix for this?  Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...