Running board options

I have the stock rectangle chrome boards on my 2016 GMC Sierra.  I have 46,000 miles on the truck and try as hard as I can to keep it clean, even under the truck, to make sure I don't have rust, bubbling or peeling on the chrome.  About 2 years ago now the chrome on the passenger board began bubbling and peeling.  The warranty was just about up and I got the dealer to replace the passenger board.  6 months or a year later now the warranty is up and the drivers side started doing the same thing.  GM wouldn't replace it and after winter now the chrome is even peeling off.  So I need to replace one or both boards again.  Just wondering if there are any good polished stainless running board options people have switched to that will be more resistant to the bubbling and peeling or do I just find a used drivers side factory board to swap out the bad one and wait until this happens again?  I don't mind the looks of the factory boards but they just seem to not hold up.  I appreciate your opinions.

Scott  

I have the dealer installed running boards on my 2017 Silverado.
No rust issues after 4 years but, then, I live in Florida so my recommendation may not apply.
I have read a number of posts recently wherein other members have refurbished theirs.

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

I have a 2017 with warranty on it but assumed they would not do anything.  I guess I should check.

My main issue is where it drips down between doors

Get the round ones and that problem goes away 

D6943340-CAA6-4531-8F4C-F4E52CAB84CD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheverado said:

Get the round ones and that problem goes away 

D6943340-CAA6-4531-8F4C-F4E52CAB84CD.jpeg

Same as mine.
IMG_0148.thumb.jpg.f81693e7befce9035df7f55bdf45101c.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW

I saw the round ones on a truck yesterday and do like the looks of them.  There is a set of Lund boards I found that I like as well.  Unless I can find a reasonably priced drivers side board in good shape I'll probably swap out for one of these options.

Also, I was told when they replaced the passenger board that as long as it came new with the truck, actually on the window sticker, it is covered by the same new car warranty and they can replace just 1 board.  If they were added as an aftermarket accessory then they have a different warranty and have to replace both.  

Thanks for your input.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...