Should I be Worried

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 7:20 PM, James Beyer said:

Hey All, speaking to a neighbor today, said he was looking at buying a 14 like mine.  But, he is finding one with the Transmission Replaced, because at around 100K Miles these 6 speeds Tranny and Torque Converters go out.  My truck has 92K, Should I be Worried?

You can always have a transmission shop do a drop and fill your transmission. If you take it to the dealer they will push for a  transmission flush, but if you push for a drop and fill, talk to the service manager about your concern. If they do a drop and fill try to be present when the pan is taken off so you can look for your self. You still have 8 thousand miles left on your 5/100000 powertrain warranty? If everything looks good to you have them put in the Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP. 

This only my suggestion don't take my word for it research and talk to a transmission shop. 

So, after all the really strong advice, would you take your truck on a 3000 mile trip without any worries?

If not, I might think about seeing what else is out there to ease your mind.

All brands have issues, but if you spend more time worrying about what could happen, than getting smiles per miles, time to move on. 

• Like 2

Ecclesiastes 11:4 says, "Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest". (NLT)

A failure can happen in the first mile or the millionth. Waiting for it with anxiety will give you an ulcer. You drive it every day. You have a 'feeling' about it trustworthiness don't you? Is it giving your reasons to doubt it? 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, I know I’m late. I’m from the T1 forum. Just a heads up, my 2020 trail boss (4.3/6L80) has blown through two converters in 50,000 miles. First one went at 25,000. They never fixed the issues and the 4.3 converters are just as shabby as the V8 converters. My question is….could I put a 300 mm billet JMBX multi-plate from Circle D Specialties behind my 4.3? The truck is 5,019 pounds empty, and they recommended a 300mm. I think they all use the same flex plate.

1 hour ago, s10dragracer888 said:

Hey guys, I know I’m late. I’m from the T1 forum. Just a heads up, my 2020 trail boss (4.3/6L80) has blown through two converters in 50,000 miles. First one went at 25,000. They never fixed the issues and the 4.3 converters are just as shabby as the V8 converters. My question is….could I put a 300 mm billet JMBX multi-plate from Circle D Specialties behind my 4.3? The truck is 5,019 pounds empty, and they recommended a 300mm. I think they all use the same flex plate.

They are not the same converter. Not even the same style. First 4.3 converter failure I've heard of. Phone Circle D on that one. I haven't a clue. :dunno:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

They are not the same converter. Not even the same style. First 4.3 converter failure I've heard of. Phone Circle D on that one. I haven't a clue. :dunno:

Brian from Circle D recommended a 300mm JMBX.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Funny, I spoke too soon. Brian said my

converter is an oddball (258mm) and he said they didn’t offer one for me after corresponding that a 300mm looked nothing like mine. I’ve gone through 2 in 50,000 miles. It’s on number 3 as of today.

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6242.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg

IMG_6245.jpeg

• Like 1