The search function doesn't turn up much for re-gearing a T1... Are there options yet for us? It like to bump up from the 3.23 my 3.0 has before I get bigger tires.

From what I understand, the front is welded, and thus the whole assembly needs to be swapped, had anyone done this? Where the cheapest place I can get the parts? What about lockers, am I SOL for the front end?

The front end probably doesn't have a locker available for it.  Wouldn't be very street friendly either.

The 9.5" 12 bolt rear is a variant of the old GM 9.5" 14 bolt Semi Floater so it can be regeared with earlier generation parts and use their lockers.  This has been done before.

8 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

The front end probably doesn't have a locker available for it.  Wouldn't be very street friendly either.

The 9.5" 12 bolt rear is a variant of the old GM 9.5" 14 bolt Semi Floater so it can be regeared with earlier generation parts and use their lockers.  This has been done before.

Copy that. I guess to clarify; I'm trying to figure out if there are any vendors selling re gear Kits for the front end. So far it looks like I'll need to buy a whole new front diff assembly to do a re gear.

The more gears the transmission has the less the rear end gears matter. Those 10 speeds don't really need gears if you stepping up to 33's or larger. Plenty of guys are running 35's no problem.

How will you tune it for the gears?

It's not like the old days where we had 4 speed auto's and putting 35's on a 3.42 gear truck turned it into a 3.08 geared truck that couldn't even get out of it's own way.

I’d bet you could swap axles with a 3.42 geared truck to get a bit lower. 

Ditto on the new transmissions. Ever since the 6 speed they’re super low geared and pull hard, even with higher axle ratios than traditionally. 

At any rate the front diff can for sure be taken apart and serviced. So at the very least right now there will be GM axle sets available. 3.23, 3.42, and…3.73?  What’s the gear ratio on the 3.0L with the towing package?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has the 3.23 in it. I mainly want to get back some of the lost mpgs from the tire upsize. When I regeared my tundra for 35s I went from 13 to 16 mpg. Some folks don't care about mpg but I bought this thing in September and have 30k on it already so it kinda adds up fo me.

13 hours ago, Juggsauce said:

Mine has the 3.23 in it. I mainly want to get back some of the lost mpgs from the tire upsize. When I regeared my tundra for 35s I went from 13 to 16 mpg. Some folks don't care about mpg but I bought this thing in September and have 30k on it already so it kinda adds up fo me.

If I were you I wouldn't regear, think of it this way the money you put out for a regear lets say $2000.00 and you pick up 2mpg it will take you years to recoop that money put out for gears to pick up 2-3 mpg. How did you get your mpg with the bigger tires? If you used the odometer and you have bigger tires your mpg calculation will be off because your recording less miles driven cause our speedometer is off.