Need help to quiet down LT headers w/ Corsa catback

I went ahead and uploaded a couple cold starts to YouTube today, before and after adding the resonator. 

C52B18FF-ABFB-43B7-8D99-56500285C48A.jpeg

Edited by scrapen
Added photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, scrapen said:

I went ahead and uploaded a couple cold starts to YouTube today, before and after adding the resonator. 

C52B18FF-ABFB-43B7-8D99-56500285C48A.jpeg

Thanks for that scrapen! I wonder what the difference would be if placed after the muffler instead of before.. any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, KONGon22s said:

@Scrappen is that the 12 inch UltraQuiet from Vibrant?

Yes.  

As for the previous post.  I don’t think there is any room after exhaust.  Im sure I could’ve just removed the tip and bolted to exit to test it out beforehand though.

After having it on I definitely don’t miss those loud rasps between shifts.  Its essentially back to how it was designed by Corsa, nice and subtle cruising on the highway and loud when you get on the throttle….vs just loud and obnoxious all the time before.

Edited by scrapen

• 1 month later...

@scrapen Just wanted to say, thank you for recommending the Vibrant and the videos you posted. Added LTs to my truck and swapped to the Corsa Touring from the Sport at the same time, and it was still just so dang loud. Especially cold starts and shifts. Didn't expect that, really thought the Touring would tame it.

Found this thread and slotted the Vibrant in right before the muffler, and wow! It is absolutely perfect now. To me its even more throaty/tougher than just the Corsa Sport w/ stock manifolds. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Blue15 said:

@scrapen Just wanted to say, thank you for recommending the Vibrant and the videos you posted. Added LTs to my truck and swapped to the Corsa Touring from the Sport at the same time, and it was still just so dang loud. Especially cold starts and shifts. Didn't expect that, really thought the Touring would tame it.

Found this thread and slotted the Vibrant in right before the muffler, and wow! It is absolutely perfect now. To me its even more throaty/tougher than just the Corsa Sport w/ stock manifolds. Thanks again!

Can you take some video? I'm curious how it sounds.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, hardcore-gm said:

Hey guys just looking for some good and informed opinions on quieting down the exhaust. 14 Sierra 6.2 with Kooks LT headers and y pipe with hi flow cats. Thats connected to Corsa sport catback. Sounds great but just too much at cold start, its too wicked. I'm hoping now to get maybe half the sound at least on cold start. Anybody have experience with this and doing some trial and error? Maybe even just putting stock muffler on catback on? Or i saw something about just adding a muffler before the Corsa, or just swapping the corsa muffler out with a magnaflow.. maybe 12909? any feedback would be appreciated!! Dont wana sell this nice setup but might have to if theres no good options. thanks!

Not sure if you've done anything yet, but I wouldn't swap out the Corsa muffler for the Magnaflow.  

A MUCH smaller muffler won't help with sound and will add in drone if you put that Magnaflow in place of the Corsa.  My 2012 5.3 was stock other than a Magnaflow catback.  The interior resonance and drone was not good.  I switched to Corsa on my last two trucks and haven't looked back.    

I would look into seeing if Corsa will sell you a Touring muffler for your system and swap the sport muffler out for it.  That would help quiet that down a bit.  Or opt for a resonator/second muffler add instead.  

Or...if you want quieter than the Touring muffler, find a GM Performance catback.  The 2014-2018 GM Performance systems were made by Corsa but to me, I think even quieter than the Corsa Touring.  

23442232 for double cab and crew short 6.2, 23442231 for crew standard box.  These are the Chevrolet/GMC Performance branded ones, NOT the GM/Borla systems.  

Edited by newdude