Removing Lift

I have a 2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 with a Trail Boss lift and a Ready Lift 1.75” leveling kit on there with larger tires/new wheels. I’ve not been very happy with the ride and stance/look, and thinking about going back to stock and maybe just doing some Bilstein 5100’s (or something similar, open to suggestions) on stock rims and new tires. 

First off, has anyone done this? Did your dealership take everything back off or did you have to go to another shop? I of course didn’t keep the stock parts when they put on the Trail Boss lift, but do still have my stock upper control arms from the Ready Lift level. 

I want a better ride on the road/highway, as that’s 90% of my driving, but do want it leveled. What would you all suggest? If I’m planning on getting new struts to level it out, I don’t need the factory ones. I guess just the factory half shafts to go back to stock?

Thanks in advance! 

You can reuse your aftermarket control arms and Trail Boss CV's.  All you would need to do is replace the shocks for whatever shock you want, remove the spacer, and your set.

I have a 19 AT4 and ill be removing the factory 2” lift kit and putting in bilstein 5100’s for a base/elevation sierra soon as the fronts are available. Pretty sure trail bosses are fine but ill have to replace the front cv’s. 

13 hours ago, Gangly said:

You can reuse your aftermarket control arms and Trail Boss CV's.  All you would need to do is replace the shocks for whatever shock you want, remove the spacer, and your set.

Thank you! The longer cv’s won’t cause any issues?

10 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

I have a 19 AT4 and ill be removing the factory 2” lift kit and putting in bilstein 5100’s for a base/elevation sierra soon as the fronts are available. Pretty sure trail bosses are fine but ill have to replace the front cv’s. 

Why do you need to replace your front cv’s?

22 hours ago, Dunn said:

CV will be fine....it makes total sense why it rides horrible tho...

Thank you for the feedback. Do you think if I remove the leveling kit and put on 5100’s, I will notice a pretty big difference? Should I look at the 6112’s? Or anything else? 

Bilsteins are stiffer shock than stock...some like it others dont....you want suspension moving freely and at proper angles....your down travel is reduced,  UCA is at bad spot, as well as CV angles.....bigger tires always factor in.......which one or combination thereof is subjective and personal

if you lift an AT4 you need control arms, spacers are notorious for bad ride (travel is limited)...but still it's subjective on what one thinks is acceptable and another doesnt...if you research it a bit you'll have better understanding

When I was getting my truck done a guy with leveled TB broke his control arms along with 2 others I know and numerous threads on readylift AT4/TB level kit gone wrong.....you have (should) to correct geometry when you lift 4 inches.....plain and simple....

Edited by Dunn

The 5100's are decent shocks for on road performance.  They will feel stiffer than stock and eliminate a lot of the roll while helping to stabilize the rear.  Bilstein isnt the only option though, there are other alternatives that provide better road handling characteristics.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Camping nut said:

Have a 2024 2500HD with Z71 Package, Plow Prep, 18" wheels. Problem is truck sits too high for towing a 5th wheel. I believe the Z71 package adds 2" of lift. Can this be removed so truck sits  lower?

Z71 doesn't change the height of a 2500.

(Only the 2500 AT4X is higher than the others.) 

Yes they are all tall, but same as the 2020 thru 2023's.