2019 L5P Unresolved Issues

Have a 2019 2500hd with the l5p and it has been a problem. Started with p1089 - fuel rail pressure performance during decel, took the dealer 5 times and me telling them to replace the fuel lines with the regulator to get that right. Now I have a p0191 fuel rail pressure sensor performance along with c0242 and u0401-71. The dealer replaced the pressure sensor and harness exactly one month ago and here we are yet again. Any help to fix this is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I am battling the P1089 issue too the dealer has replaces the fuel rail pressure sensor and connector now three times and this last time it lasted 4 days before coming back on.

18 hours ago, ahendri said:

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I am battling the P1089 issue too the dealer has replaces the fuel rail pressure sensor and connector now three times and this last time it lasted 4 days before coming back on.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, ahendri.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: ahendri/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dave1981 said:

Any good news yet? I’m having this same issue but it comes with a P20EE and a P0089 code as well. 

Nothing good to report. I've had it in twice since this and they cannot seem to find the issue. It's very frustrating no one seems to do any real diagnostic work anymore. They are wanting me to authorize a tear down with an 8 hour labor charge to further diagnose it, but no real resolution in sight.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 6:16 AM, ahendri said:

Nothing good to report. I've had it in twice since this and they cannot seem to find the issue. It's very frustrating no one seems to do any real diagnostic work anymore. They are wanting me to authorize a tear down with an 8 hour labor charge to further diagnose it, but no real resolution in sight.

Hey bud I’ve having same issues with my truck.. have you came to a Resolution with this issue?  Thanks

On 10/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, ahendri said:

On 11/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, Dave1981 said:

Any good news yet? I’m having this same issue but it comes with a P20EE and a P0089 code as well. 

19 hours ago, rattleman69 said:

Hey bud I’ve having same issues with my truck.. have you came to a Resolution with this issue?  Thanks

P1089 and if the dealer or someone has replaced the fuel pressure sensor and connector at the rail, its time to check for metal in the fuel system.  We've done 4 trucks with P1089 only to find the high pressure fuel pump was/is failing and sending metal throughout.  

That means new pump, all new hard lines at the engine, 8 new injectors, new fuel rails, in tank pump/sending unit all need to be replaced and clean out the tank, fuel lines from the tank to the engine and the fuel cooler.  

On 3/1/2023 at 6:24 PM, rattleman69 said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, rattleman69.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: rattleman69/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, newdude said:

P1089 and if the dealer or someone has replaced the fuel pressure sensor and connector at the rail, its time to check for metal in the fuel system.  We've done 4 trucks with P1089 only to find the high pressure fuel pump was/is failing and sending metal throughout.  

That means new pump, all new hard lines at the engine, 8 new injectors, new fuel rails, in tank pump/sending unit all need to be replaced and clean out the tank, fuel lines from the tank to the engine and the fuel cooler.  

@newdude Can you tell me how you diagnosed the high pressure pump for the p1089.  Was it able to be fixed under an extended warranty on some of them?  Same symptoms and shavings were found in the fuel filter.  Currently at the dealer for the 5th time waiting on GM tech and the engine light to come back.  They did replace the rail, sensor, and harness in past visits.  I have a 2019 2500 Duramax high country.  Thank you.  Anything helps!!:)

15 minutes ago, LivnWild said:

@newdude Can you tell me how you diagnosed the high pressure pump for the p1089.  Was it able to be fixed under an extended warranty on some of them?  Same symptoms and shavings were found in the fuel filter.  Currently at the dealer for the 5th time waiting on GM tech and the engine light to come back.  They did replace the rail, sensor, and harness in past visits.  I have a 2019 2500 Duramax high country.  Thank you.  Anything helps!!:)

If you've got metal that's usually all the signs for the high pressure fuel pump saying goodbye.  

1 minute ago, newdude said:

If you've got metal that's usually all the signs for the high pressure fuel pump saying goodbye.  

That's what i thought as well.  I guess I am wondering how I get the dealership to realize this and replace everything??  Thanks for the quick reply