A topic already beaten to death - Bilstein 5100s

Just ordered a set for my 1500 LT with a 3" level and a 1" rear block lift and a 1.5" rear spring lift.
Not sure if I'll get any extra lift, but I've read they'll help the ride a bit.
I'm heading on a 24 hour road trip next month so I'm curious as to any opinions (on a topic I know has been hashed out forever, I just want some fresh info) :D

They are slightly firmer than the stock ranchos for small bumps/road variances, and way way softer for large bumps.

Basically when you go over a speed bump or hit a large pot hole, it no longer feels like somebody hit your truck with a sledge hammer.

• Like 1

This^^!!

It was a pretty drastic improvement in ride quality all around after I installed mine. I put them on the highest setting (1.85" of lift on the fronts) and it leveled it perfectly. Only issue I have now is hauling 1-2 dirt bikes/gear/tools in the bed has a slight reverse rake to it, and if I drive at night I like to aim my headlights down a bit. It irritates the hell out of me when someone doesn't know how to align their headlights, or they're just plain stupid and blind everyone with 55W HID's in a halogen reflector housing. 😠 Might move the clip to the 3rd notch to see if I can eliminate this.

Anyways, the main thing I noticed.. going over train tracks, potholes (when you can't avoid them!), larger cracks in the road, etc. the rear end doesn't feel like it want to pass the front. Sort of feels like the truck reacts better to them and is more stable. All in all, they are a huge upgrade compared to the stock Ranchos.. but I have to say after you get use to them, you'll want to go with the fox 2.0's like myself haha. 

• Like 1