Door handle help

I’ve been searching and can’t find an answer. Are the door handles the same size/shape from 14-18 on the 19-21’s?  They seem like they are but does anyone have an answer or experience from the aftermarket world?

what I’m trying to do is get some of those chrome accents that wrap around the outer part of the handle. I just don’t want to deal with the hassle if they don’t fit. Any help appreciated. 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Fattyz28 said:

I’ve been searching and can’t find an answer. Are the door handles the same size/shape from 14-18 on the 19-21’s?  They seem like they are but does anyone have an answer or experience from the aftermarket world?

what I’m trying to do is get some of those chrome accents that wrap around the outer part of the handle. I just don’t want to deal with the hassle if they don’t fit. Any help appreciated. 

Not the same. They are completely different. 

They make a chrome handle kit (or buy them each separately) for the 19-21 Silverado. This only if you do not have the passive entry buttons on the handles. 

Changing out the handles is SUPER easy on the 19-21 models and only tool required is the proper size torx driver, but only if you don’t have the passive entry buttons. The passive entry buttons are wired through the door frame and present a much more difficult change out.

I appreciate the info. I saw that the installation changed which lead me to believe that the shape/size of the handle changed as well. I guess I was just wishful thinking that the outer dimensions might have stayed the same in order for gm to save costs. 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Fattyz28 said:

If you want to switch to chrome I've got a fulling set off a 2020 Denali in chrome for sale. Took off when the truck was a month or two old. Lock buttons on all 4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 9:33 PM, kodiakdenali said:

If you want to switch to chrome I've got a fulling set off a 2020 Denali in chrome for sale. Took off when the truck was a month or two old. Lock buttons on all 4.

What did you replace with? I have a Denali I'm currently looking to replace the handles on as well. TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone bought a full set of paint to match?  The gm parts websites are confusing and un clear and the dealer wasn't much more help.  PN for passive entry and the correct caps (where the key goes on the drivers door) would be appriciated if you have it.  Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, kodiakdenali said:

Did you go color matched or black?