• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 5:07 AM, Jacob C. Smith said:

I own a 2002 Blazer with power windows, locks, and mirrors. But without keyless entry. Is there a way to add keyless entry?
I've added my complete RPO Tag, Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1169.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

If I am reading another forum's post correctly, AU0, and AU5 mean it came from the factory with everything installed, AU3 means you can add the factory equipment and it will work. Probably after a trip to a dealership for programing. 

On 7/14/2021 at 8:07 AM, Jacob C. Smith said:

I own a 2002 Blazer with power windows, locks, and mirrors. But without keyless entry. Is there a way to add keyless entry?
I've added my complete RPO Tag, Any help is greatly appreciated.

Going by the VIN and the catalog leg work, no.

Looks like these S10 Blazers used a remote control door lock receiver that would be mounted lower driver side of the dashboard area.  You have AU3 power locks but not AU0 keyless entry.

Without that receiver (which has long been discontinued) you can't add a factory remote.  I have no idea if you found a used receiver and installed it and had it programmed if it would work.  That would all depend on if A) the factory connector was there to plug it in and B) a dealer can program it.    

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Going by the VIN and the catalog leg work, no.

Looks like these S10 Blazers used a remote control door lock receiver that would be mounted lower driver side of the dashboard area.  You have AU3 power locks but not AU0 keyless entry.

Without that receiver (which has long been discontinued) you can't add a factory remote.  I have no idea if you found a used receiver and installed it and had it programmed if it would work.  That would all depend on if A) the factory connector was there to plug it in and B) a dealer can program it.    

99-03 Chevy Truck S10 1500 Anti Theft Locking Module Keyless Entry 15732806  Y17 for sale online | eBay

Is this the module you're describing? I grabbed one from the junkyard, from a 2002 Blazer with AU0 on the RPO Tag. I have it installed, Would I have to go to a dealer to program it?

11 hours ago, Jacob C. Smith said:

Is this the module you're describing? I grabbed one from the junkyard, from a 2002 Blazer with AU0 on the RPO Tag. I have it installed, Would I have to go to a dealer to program it?

Yes.

• 8 months later...