Differential gear oil

4 hours ago, Jay2500 said:

Have a 2021 Silverado 2500HD, the owner's manual does not give info on front and rear differential gear oil capacity nor weight of oil needed. Anybody know?

This Amsoil site has always provided accurate information for both type and capacities.  Not sure if you have the gas or diesel but the below screen shot is for the gasser.  Both axles use 75W-90 and you can see the arrows that show how much.  The link to the site is farther down.  Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.62b4c38c74b34d99485cc344451c3feb.png

https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/auto-and-light-truck/2021/chevrolet-trucks/silverado-2500-hd-pickup/6-6l-8-cyl-engine-code-7-l8t-7/?volume=us-volume

Edited by 03 Cobra
  • Like 1

There's a handy forum post that is used as a quick reference for info like this. I stuck it in my favorites since it's going to come in handy in the future :)

I just serviced the drive line on our 19 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD. Used Amsoil OE trans fluid and Severe Gear 75W-90.

The squeeze packs are nice to a point. On this car it was hard to use the squeeze pack on the transfer case due to a lack of room. The rear differential it was impossible to use it. Frame is so close there is barely enough room to remove fill plug.

I put a quart pump on the squeeze bag. Had to put the pump tube into the differential with long needle nose pliers. 

Goter done though.

19 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I just serviced the drive line on our 19 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD. Used Amsoil OE trans fluid and Severe Gear 75W-90.

The squeeze packs are nice to a point. On this car it was hard to use the squeeze pack on the transfer case due to a lack of room. The rear differential it was impossible to use it. Frame is so close there is barely enough room to remove fill plug.

I put a quart pump on the squeeze bag. Had to put the pump tube into the differential with long needle nose pliers. 

Goter done though.

Why didn't you attach a hose to the squeeze pack and then just squeeze it in?  That is what I did on the front axle of my truck.