1 to 2 hard shift + grounds

Well here's my little mod I did to help improve my gear 1 to gear 2 hard shift. Anyone with a similar issue can try.

A little background about the problem I was experiencing. Before the mod, I was having a very hard shift from gear 1 to gear 2 at low speed (around 15 to 20 MPH) with light foot on the gas. If I drive hard then the hard shift is not there. It shift like it should be.

I installed 2 ground wires; one on each side of the transmission to body and it seems to dramatically reduced the hard shift I was experiencing at low speed with light gas. It has been almost a month since I added the ground wires and the shifting seems to be so much better now. Hope this help someone else.

Passenger side; using existing bolt and nut. 

The wire is about 6 inches. It connects between the bolt that's holding transmission electrical wires to underbody heat shield. I added some heat resistant tape around the wire since it's so close to the exhaust. 

20210728_114317.jpg

Based off of what you said, why get a lift kit when I can just slap on a 7" inch lift sticker? It's the same effect, right?

Well, I can tell you that the hard shift I was having has been reduced. Whenever I drive slow while turning there are area I know I will be getting a hard shift. Sure enough, I get it most of the time. After the ground wires, in those same corner turns the hard shifts has been reduced or gone. When I do get the hard shift, it's not as hard like before, it's more like a light bump. 

Keep up the dealer response 👏

10 hours ago, CrawlSlow said:

Based off of what you said, why get a lift kit when I can just slap on a 7" inch lift sticker? It's the same effect, right?

Well, I can tell you that the hard shift I was having has been reduced. Whenever I drive slow while turning there are area I know I will be getting a hard shift. Sure enough, I get it most of the time. After the ground wires, in those same corner turns the hard shifts has been reduced or gone. When I do get the hard shift, it's not as hard like before, it's more like a light bump. 

Keep up the dealer response 👏

It's great that its working for you, wish you all the best.

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 1