06 gmc 4.3 died while driving now wont start

Hello first time on here. 

I have a 06 gmc sierra 2wd WT 4.3.  Was driving and it just died.  Now it doesn't start.  Just cranks and cranks and will back fire out of intake.  I changed icm and did same thing.  I changed cap and rotor wires and plugs.  Same thing.  They needed changed anyways.  

Tested codes.  Have the following codes

P00053 ho2 bank 1 sensor 1

P00054 ho2 bank 1 sensor 2

P00059 ho2 bank 2 sensor 1

P00060 ho2 bank 2 sensor 2

Also have P00449 which I think is gas cap.

Did fuel pressure test and I get 54psi at check point when the engine is turning over.  Also holds there really good/no fall off.

Please help not sure what to do next

Could it be doing this with just low fuel pressure?

On 8/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, Doubleseveneleven said:

Hello first time on here. 

I have a 06 gmc sierra 2wd WT 4.3.  Was driving and it just died.  Now it doesn't start.  Just cranks and cranks and will back fire out of intake.  I changed icm and did same thing.  I changed cap and rotor wires and plugs.  Same thing.  They needed changed anyways.  

Tested codes.  Have the following codes

P00053 ho2 bank 1 sensor 1

P00054 ho2 bank 1 sensor 2

P00059 ho2 bank 2 sensor 1

P00060 ho2 bank 2 sensor 2

Also have P00449 which I think is gas cap.

Did fuel pressure test and I get 54psi at check point when the engine is turning over.  Also holds there really good/no fall off.

Please help not sure what to do next

Could it be doing this with just low fuel pressure?

a few things to try. 1) test your fuel, make sure the gas is good, and doesnt have a bunch of water in it.  2) since you obviously have good pressure unplug your fuel pump fuse/relay do a dry crank.  Then after a few dry cranks spray non chlorinated brake cleaner into your intake.  If your truck runs this way, you are going to want to look into vacuum lines, and your timing. 

I had something like this happen on mine. I was driving on the interstate and it just died suddenly while going 70+ mph. Mine ended up being something super easy. The coil wire had gotten a hole rubbed in the sheathing and was arcing out. Put some electrical tape over it and it fired right up. Worked until I got the replacement wire set. 

• 2 months later...