In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Integrated Trailer Brake Control Mods

Alright, so I accidentally popped out my cap/plug for where the integrated trailer brake controller would be if i had that equipped on my 2020 LT Trail Boss. It's just a faceplate plug with no functionality. While i have the plug popped out and i have the cable accessible, has anyone done any mods to this part of the truck? i'm looking for ideas here before i decide to buy a new faceplate plug and put it back in.

i attached a cord holder to the exterior of the blank plug with some gorilla glue. since i'm transitioning to wireless android auto, i removed the cord holder and then was working the gorilla glue excess off with some nail polish remover when apparently i pushed to hard on the plug and it popped off inside the housing. i'm a bit shocked that the plug popped inside relatively easily but then again maybe it's not as shocking