Traded off Acadia for Traverse

We needed more room for our growing family so I couldn’t believe how much more room a traverse had than our 2020 Acadia SLT.   

I really wanted a Yukon Denali or High Country Tahoe but I couldn’t believe they wanted $85k for them.  Unreal!

So I found this instead. Really enjoying the looks of it. 

Already added an aeroskin hood protector, full GM weather tech floor mats front,middle, back, and cargo area, and window tint is going on in 2 weeks. 

6AC52AD4-4480-421A-8237-029C202B1215.jpeg

Edited by TNTSilverado

That's disgusting

But sweet Traverse. My aunt has one and I was on a road trip in it from DFW to Big Bend and it was incredibly comfortable. It was also the first time I think I had seen some of the newer bells and whistles such as a camera for the rear view mirror and the overhead camera. Pretty cool! Traverses are surprisingly spacious on the inside as they don't look like they should be from the outside.

4 hours ago, shakenfake said:

That's disgusting

But sweet Traverse. My aunt has one and I was on a road trip in it from DFW to Big Bend and it was incredibly comfortable. It was also the first time I think I had seen some of the newer bells and whistles such as a camera for the rear view mirror and the overhead camera. Pretty cool! Traverses are surprisingly spacious on the inside as they don't look like they should be from the outside.

Actually it’s sits flush with the vehicle and gives it a better look. It keeps the front edge of the hood from getting peppered by debris also. To each their own. I wanted to make it unique, because their are a plethora of white ones out there. The tint will also help. Gotta get it up to my buddy and do the whole thing. 

I’ll try and get a picture up of it later today. So you can visually see it. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

3 hours ago, elcamino said:

The Traverse is longer (and wider by 3.2") than the Acadia.  It has a longer wheelbase of 120.9" whereas the Acadia is 112.5.

Yes having owned both. The Traverse is ALOT bigger than the Acadia. It surprisingly doesn’t drive that way though.  The ride is amazing as well.  Very pleased with it so far. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

• 2 months later...

Nice!  Back when they first came out they were the same size and we went with the Acadia over the Traverse.  But is seems they made the Acadia smaller.  Why?  Who knows why GM does what they do.  We enjoyed our 2008 and then 2011 Acadia.  Couldn't get over the room inside but we needed more so we went to a Suburban.

Nice. Ya the Acadia was way too small for us. I wanted a new Yukon/Tahoe but I couldn’t swallow paying $85k for a loaded RST!!  So this Traverse came available for $49k. Still a lot but not as much!  
Also today I added new LED fog lamps that match the head lights. Replace the old nasty OEM yellow bulbs. 
They are a PSX24 bulb.  Look amazing and plug right into factory plug in. 

image.jpg